Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/04 16:14:54 UTC

Maven2 newbee question

I've just started using Maven2 with Eclipse on a big project and so far so
good.  One odd thing though, I've had to import some dependencies in my
local repository using mvn install:install-file goals.  However, when I
execute mvn, it still searches the default repo even though they are
locally.  Why is that?  It makes the build much slower than I would have
liked.

Btw, I just saw Jason's email  I can tell you that initally Maven 1 was
pretty tough to live with for me.  Maven 2 is vast improvement (especially
on the Java EE side which I'm now using exclusively though the ejb plugiin
has to be updated for Java EE 5).

Thanks guys!

-aps

--
"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Maven2 newbee question

Posted by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com>.
The one off of codehaus off of the main Maven2 apache page.  Works for me
for the most part.  I don't like the fact that everytime I make a change to
ANY pom it reads all of them.  Very slow.

-aps

Re: Maven2 newbee question

Posted by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven2 newbee question

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Feel free to submit an enhancement request via JIRA and wait for
someone else to code it for you, or write the code yourself and donate
it to the project if you require this functionality. ;-)

Please search before submitting the JIRA issue; I'd expect this might
already be posted by someone else as this topic has been discussed
previously...

Wayne

Re: Maven2 newbee question

Posted by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven2 newbee question

Posted by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com>.
Nope, I'm using 1.0 for everything, not SNAPSHOT.

I really think this parameter should be tunable on a per dependency basis to
bypass contacting the repository.  Again, my builds are much slower than
they need to be because I can't by pass this.

I will try the "-o" option from Wayne's email and see.

-aps

Re: Maven2 newbee question

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven2 newbee question