Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Johnson, Deron" <DL...@firstcommand.com> on 2006/08/01 18:19:19 UTC

Apache

I finally have Apache working with Subversion and now I want to setup
authorization.  Previously I was using svnserve and each repository had
it's own password file that users authenticated against.   According to
the documentation for Apache setup with SVN it shows that you make a
passwd file and add users to it in the \bin directory.   Does it not
allow you to point to each repository or just how is the best way to set
this up?    I will be setting up an AD LDAP here shortly but was very
interested on how this part works without using it before I go forward.
The documentation is somewhat vague on this......thanks!
STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this message or any attachments to this message are intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material as well as being protected from disclosure. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.

Re: Apache

Posted by Justin Johnson <ju...@gmail.com>.
[snip]
> I will be
> setting up an AD LDAP here shortly but was very interested on how this part
> works without using it before I go forward.
[snip]

FWIW, the following httpd.conf entry restricts repository access to
members of an Active Directory group.

<Location /svn/repos1>
  DAV svn
  SVNPath /path/to/repos/repos1

  AuthType  Basic
  AuthName  "Subversion Repository"
  AuthBasicProvider ldap
  AuthLDAPBindDN cn=svnadminuser,cn=Users,dc=your,dc=ad,dc=domain,dc=com
  AuthLDAPBindPassword XXXXXX
  AuthLDAPURL "ldap://your.ad.domain.com:portnumber/DC=your,DC=ad,DC=domain,DC=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(objectClass=user)"
  AuthLDAPGroupAttribute member
  require ldap-group CN=yourgroup,CN=Users,DC=your,DC=ad,DC=domain,DC=com
</Location>

Re: Apache

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/06, Johnson, Deron <DL...@firstcommand.com> wrote:

> I finally have Apache working with Subversion and now I want to setup
> authorization.  Previously I was using svnserve and each repository had it's
> own password file that users authenticated against.   According to the
> documentation for Apache setup with SVN it shows that you make a passwd file
> and add users to it in the \bin directory.   Does it not allow you to point
> to each repository or just how is the best way to set this up?

If you use SVNParentPath, I think you have to have one password file
covering all repositories (and access control file).

If you do not use SVNParentPath (each repository gets its own Location
section in the Apache config), then I think you can use one password
file for all, or one password file for each repository.

The location of the password file doesn't matter, as long as  Apache
has rights to read it and you give it the right path to find it.