Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Suraj Batuwana <sb...@virtusa.com> on 2006/10/26 07:15:42 UTC

Issue with Derby when using with IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition

Hi,

I have received a server side error as

Error when executing
query:org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException: Execution failed
due to a distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the
conversation.  The requested command encountered an unarchitected and
implementation specific condition for which there was no architected
message.

com.ascential.xmeta.query.QueryException: Error when executing
query:org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException: Execution failed
due to a distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the
conversation.  The requested command encountered an unarchitected and
implementation specific condition for which there was no architected
message.

I have used the IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
Version 1.1 as the application server and the Derby 10.1 Net work server
as the database.

When create the datasource I have used the

<config-property-setting name="Password">pass</config-property-setting>

<config-property-setting
name="PortNumber">1527</config-property-setting>

<config-property-setting
name="ServerName">localhost</config-property-setting>

<config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">TestDB</config-property-setting>

<config-property-setting
name="UserName">newuser</config-property-setting>

for the cloudscape datasource plan. Also I have used the

tranql-connector-derby-client-local-1.1.rar and
tranql-connector-derby-client-xa-1.1.rar as the tranql connectors.

While the above exception throws at the serverside following exception
will throw as derby.log

Server is ready to accept connections on port 1527.

Connection number: 1.

Connection number: 2.

Connection number: 3.

Connection number: 4.

------------  BEGIN SHUTDOWN ERROR STACK -------------

ERROR XSDG3: Meta-data for Container
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer@67517852 could not be
accessed

at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged1(Native Method)

at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java(Compil
ed Code))

at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.openContainer(Unknown
Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.FileContainer.setIdent(Unknown
Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.RAFContainer.setIdentity(Unknown
Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.CachedItem.takeOnIdentity(Unknown
Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.addEntry(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.services.cache.Clock.find(Unknown Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.openContainer(U
nknown Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.data.BaseDataFileFactory.openContainer(U
nknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.store.raw.xact.Xact.openContainer(Unknown
Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.btree.index.B2IFactory.readConglomera
te(Unknown Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMAccessManager.conglomCacheFind(Unk
nown Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMTransaction.findExistingConglomera
te(Unknown Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.store.access.RAMTransaction.openStoreCost(Unknown
Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.CompilerContextImpl.getStoreCostContro
ller(Unknown Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.FromBaseTable.getStoreCostController(U
nknown Source)

at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.FromBaseTable.estimateCost(Unknown
Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.OptimizerImpl.estimateTotalCost(Unknow
n Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.OptimizerImpl.costBasedCostOptimizable
(Unknown Source)

at
org.apache.derby.impl.sql.compile.OptimizerImpl.costOptimizable(Unknown
Source)

After the above exception happens any operation doing with my
application get fails.

Note: None of this issue is happening when my application is running
with

Derby 10.1 and IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.0.2.5.

So I have assumed this happens only when the Derby 10.1 and IBM
WebSphere Application Server Community Edition Version 1.1.

I am using the java version "1.4.2"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2)

Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM Windows 32 build
cn142ifx-20051115 (SR3 + 94164 + 97403 + 97482) (JIT enabled: jitc))

This comes with the IBM Websphere IBM Websphere Application Server
6.0.2.5.

Even with the

java version "1.5.0"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
pwi32devifx-20060818 (ifix: 108655: SR2 + 107350 + 108225 + 108262))

IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32
j9vmwi3223-20060504 (JIT enabled)

With comes with the IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
Version 1.1 was not able to solve problem

Or when use a higher version of derby

I am using tranql-connector-derby-client-local-1.1.rar and
tranql-connector-derby-client-xa-1.1.rar as the tranql connectors not
the embedded one. Use the above TranQL is one of the project
requirements. Because of that I have not tested with embedded version of
the TranQL adapter.

The above exception happens when I run a set of test cases for my
application as a nightly build. The error occurs in the 3rd test class.
So I have removed the 3rd test class and run it again. I have found that
the same error happens in a different test class below. Each of the test
class has different functionalities

Is this a known issue among the community?

Is there any kind of solution for this?

Thanks,

Suraj

Re: Issue with Derby when using with IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition

Posted by Stanley Bradbury <St...@gmail.com>.
Suraj Batuwana wrote:

> [...]
> j9vmwi3223-20060504 (JIT enabled)
>
> With comes with the IBM WebSphere Application Server Community Edition
> Version 1.1 was not able to solve problem
>

> Or when use a higher version of derby
>

> I am using tranql-connector-derby-client-local-1.1.rar and
> tranql-connector-derby-client-xa-1.1.rar as the tranql connectors not
> the embedded one. Use the above TranQL is one of the project
> requirements. Because of that I have not tested with embedded version
> of the TranQL adapter.
>

> The above exception happens when I run a set of test cases for my
> application as a nightly build. The error occurs in the 3rd test
> class. So I have removed the 3rd test class and run it again. I have
> found that the same error happens in a different test class below.
> Each of the test class has different functionalities
>

> Is this a known issue among the community?

Hi Suraj -
In the interest of efficiency I will respond to this issue from the
posting you made to the derby-user list (this seems more a 'usage' issue
than a Derby codeline / development issue).

Note: it will take several minutes to before my response is posted to
derby-user - I am recording my intent in hopes of synchronizing