Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/12 20:42:44 UTC

should we replace pax-web with felix httpservice as the default?

I've switched over launchpad.testing to use the new launchpad:start and
launchpad:stop goals (instead of Cargo's Jetty support). This exposed
(at least for me) the fact that the whole integration suite doesn't pass
when run using pax-web. Specifically, these four test fail:

Failed tests:
testDefaultContentType(org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.servlets.post.PostServletOutputContentTypeTest)
 testHtmlContentType(org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.servlets.post.PostServletOutputContentTypeTest)
testHtmlContentTypeWithQ(org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.servlets.post.PostServletOutputContentTypeTest)

Tests in error:
testCounters(org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.FiltersTest)

These tests are reproducable by checking out trunk and running "mvn -P
pax-web clean install"

Pax Web is currently the default HttpService provider for JAR projects
built with the maven-launchpad-plugin. This is reasonably simple to
override, but before releasing the Launchpad plugin, I would like to
ensure that whathever the default provider is, at least our test suite
passes. So...

[] change it to Felix's HttpService
[] fix the tests (probably involves using a later version of Pax Web /
investigate filter whiteboard support in Pax Web (which is no doubt the
cause of the FiltersTest failure))
[] both

My vote is to both, but not let fixing these tests block releasing the
plugin or Launchpad 6.

Justin

Re: should we replace pax-web with felix httpservice as the default?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 12.04.2010 19:42, Justin Edelson wrote:
> I've switched over launchpad.testing to use the new launchpad:start and
> launchpad:stop goals (instead of Cargo's Jetty support). This exposed
> (at least for me) the fact that the whole integration suite doesn't pass
> when run using pax-web. Specifically, these four test fail:
>
> Failed tests:
> testDefaultContentType(org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.servlets.post.PostServletOutputContentTypeTest)
>  testHtmlContentType(org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.servlets.post.PostServletOutputContentTypeTest)
> testHtmlContentTypeWithQ(org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.servlets.post.PostServletOutputContentTypeTest)
>
> Tests in error:
> testCounters(org.apache.sling.launchpad.webapp.integrationtest.FiltersTest)
>
> These tests are reproducable by checking out trunk and running "mvn -P
> pax-web clean install"
>
> Pax Web is currently the default HttpService provider for JAR projects
> built with the maven-launchpad-plugin. This is reasonably simple to
> override, but before releasing the Launchpad plugin, I would like to
> ensure that whathever the default provider is, at least our test suite
> passes. So...
>
> [] change it to Felix's HttpService
> [] fix the tests (probably involves using a later version of Pax Web /
> investigate filter whiteboard support in Pax Web (which is no doubt the
> cause of the FiltersTest failure))
> [] both
>
> My vote is to both, but not let fixing these tests block releasing the
> plugin or Launchpad 6.

Mine, too.

Regards
Felix