Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Donna Li <do...@utstar.com> on 2011/06/20 04:27:22 UTC

framed transport and buffered transport

All:

 What is the difference of framed transport and buffered transport? And
what is the advantage and disadvantage of the two different transports?

Thanks

Donna li

Re: framed transport and buffered transport

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 4:51 PM, aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>wrote:

> From changes.txt =
> https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/cassandra-0.8.0/CHANGES.txt#L687
> "
> make framed transport the default so malformed requests can't OOM the=20=
>
>   server (CASSANDRA-475)
> "
>
> btw, you *really* should upgrade.
>
> Cheers
> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Cassandra Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 20 Jun 2011, at 15:07, Donna Li wrote:
>

> My cassandra version is 0.6.3, what is the advantage of framed transport?

My first outage with Cassandra was when I ran nodetool to access the thrift
port not the JMX port and I crashed Cassandra service. Thrift is more hardy
now, but you really do not want to use that other transport :)

Re: framed transport and buffered transport

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
From changes.txt =

Posted by Donna Li <do...@utstar.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.