Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by 洪奇 <qi...@alibaba-inc.com> on 2014/08/28 10:26:05 UTC

deleted: sql/hive/src/test/resources/golden/case sensitivity on windows

Hi,

I want to contribute some code to mllib, I forked apache/spark to my own repository (chouqin/spark),
and used `git clone https://github.com/chouqin/spark.git` to checkout the code my windows system.
In this directory, I run `git status` before doing anything, it output this:

```
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

Changes not staged for commit:
(use "git add/rm <file>..." to update what will be committed)
(use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

deleted: sql/hive/src/test/resources/golden/case sensitivity: Hive table-0-5d14d21a239daa42b086cc895215009a
```

I don't know why because nothing has been done. If I want to make some change, I have to be careful not to commit this deletion of file,
This is every inconvenient for me because I always use `git add .` to stage all changes, now I have to add every file individually.

Can someone give me any suggestions to deal with this, my system is Windows 7 and git version is 1.9.2.msysgit.0.
Thanks for your help.Qiping

Re: deleted: sql/hive/src/test/resources/golden/case sensitivity on windows

Posted by Josh Rosen <ro...@gmail.com>.
RE: building Spark on Windows: earlier this week, I tried running the Maven build on Windows 8 using the master branch and ran into a few issues.  I’ve opened a PR to fix them https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/2165.

On August 28, 2014 at 1:47:58 AM, Cheng Lian (lian.cs.zju@gmail.com) wrote:
Colon is not allowed to be part of a Windows file name and I think Git just
cannot create this file while cloning. Remove the colon in the name string
of this test case
<https://github.com/chouqin/spark/blob/76e3ba4264c4a0bc2c33ae6ac862fc40bc302d83/sql/hive/src/test/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/hive/execution/HiveQuerySuite.scala#L312>
should solve the problem.

Would you mind to file a JIRA and a PR to fix this?
​

Posted by HongQi <qi...@alibaba-inc.com>.
OK, I will create a PR to fix this. thanks for your comments.

Re: deleted: sql/hive/src/test/resources/golden/case sensitivity on windows

Posted by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com>.