Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ryan Yacyshyn <ry...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/21 09:45:52 UTC

When to use LTR

Hey all,

There's a lot of interest and articles explaining how learning to rank can
be implemented in search engines and that's awesome. I'm looking forward to
giving this a try.

However, I was wondering.. when would you know that implementing LTR
would *really
help* in any given case? Is it better for large indices, frequently updated
content, or more structured content, etc.? Or is it all trial and error?

Would be great to hear your thoughts on this.

Regards,
Ryan

Re: When to use LTR

Posted by Ryan Yacyshyn <ry...@gmail.com>.