Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/04/15 00:37:24 UTC

Re: svn commit: r19383 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_serf

On 4/14/06, jerenkrantz@tigris.org <je...@tigris.org> wrote:

>  /*
> - * Handler that discards the entire request body.
> + * Handler that discards the entire @a response body associated with a
> + * @a request.

@a type markup only has real meaning in a doxygen comment, meaning it
needs to start with /**, which these do not.  This happens in a bunch
of other places in this commit as well.

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r19383 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_serf

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 4/14/06, Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On 4/14/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> > @a type markup only has real meaning in a doxygen comment, meaning it
> > needs to start with /**, which these do not.  This happens in a bunch
> > of other places in this commit as well.
>
> So...I believe I did it that way with the ** before with my
> Doxygen-style comments and Peter kept saying I was doing it wrong and
> he eventually reverted all of the **'s.  *shrug*

That might be because we don't generally use doxygen style comments on
internal headers.

-garrett

Re: svn commit: r19383 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_serf

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.

Re: svn commit: r19383 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_serf

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 4/16/06, Peter N. Lundblad <pe...@famlundblad.se> wrote:
> No doxygen for internal code.  There, we use the GNU style.

It seems like we're using doxygen in some other places internally.
HACKING says that doxygen is preferred and that GNU style is for older
doc styles - not just internal.

I'd personally prefer doxygen (aka JavaDoc) over GNU style.  We should
be able to auto-generate our docs for internal interfaces too.  We
can't really do that with GNU style docco...  -- justin

Re: svn commit: r19383 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_serf

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
Justin Erenkrantz writes:
 > On 4/14/06, Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
 > > @a type markup only has real meaning in a doxygen comment, meaning it
 > > needs to start with /**, which these do not.  This happens in a bunch
 > > of other places in this commit as well.
 >
 > So...I believe I did it that way with the ** before with my
 > Doxygen-style comments and Peter kept saying I was doing it wrong and
 > he eventually reverted all of the **'s.  *shrug*  -- justin

No doxygen for internal code.  There, we use the GNU style.

Regards,
//Peter

Re: svn commit: r19383 - trunk/subversion/libsvn_ra_serf

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.