Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by James Fraley <jf...@home.com> on 2000/09/16 03:58:30 UTC

doGet or doPost??

I've run into a very strange problem with Tomcat.  I've got a form which uses a method of post:

               <FORM action=http://www.mySite.com/servlet/doIt method=post>

About 5% of the time, the doGet method is called.  If there isn't a do get method, I get an error.  I can't reproduce the error on demand.  It doesn't always happen from the same site or for any other variable I can find.  Just about 1 in 20 times, the doGet is called.

Can anyone explain this???

James

Re: doGet or doPost??

Posted by Paul Hethmon <ph...@marketlinx.com>.

> James Fraley wrote:
>
> I've run into a very strange problem with Tomcat.  I've got a form which uses a method of post:
>
>                <FORM action=http://www.mySite.com/servlet/doIt method=post>
>
> About 5% of the time, the doGet method is called.  If there isn't a do get method, I get an error.  I can't > reproduce the error on demand.  It doesn't always happen from the same site or for any other variable I can > find.  Just about 1 in 20 times, the doGet is called.

I seem to remember something with Netscape changing from a POST to a GET
on a resubmit of a form? The details escape me at the moment but you might
look that bug up and see if it fits your details.

Paul