Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net> on 2011/08/12 14:33:10 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 12, 9 am Pacific Time

Hi,

  We will have our regular meeting Friday, August 12 at 9 am Pacific
Time  to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

  Dial-in numbers are:
  US Toll free: 866 682-4770
  Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
  Germany Toll free: 08006648515
  (Other countries by request)

  To place the call:
  1. Call the toll free number.
  2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
  3. Enter the security code 1111#

  Agenda:

1.  Datastoreidentity "detach" test
2.  JDOQL : Support for further methods (String, Enum, Date, JDOHelper):
patch available https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-658
3. Other issues

  Action Items from weeks past:

  [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617 re the utility of the
update operator.

  -- Michelle

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 10, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by mc...@sonic.net.
Same here.  -- Michelle

> Is there no meeting today?  I'm on the call and I'm just hearing some
> really
> awesome music...
>
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM, Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>  We will have our regular meeting Friday, September 10 at 9 am Pacific
>> Time
>>  to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.
>>
>>  Dial-in numbers are:
>>  US Toll free: 866 682-4770
>>  Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
>>  Germany Toll free: 08006648515
>>  (Other countries by request)
>>
>>  To place the call:
>>  1. Call the toll free number.
>>  2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
>>  3. Enter the security code 1111#
>>
>>  Agenda:
>>
>> 1.  3.0.1 release
>> 2.  Other issues
>>
>>  Action Items from weeks past:
>>
>>  [April 8 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/**
>> jira/browse/JDO-617 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617> re
>> the
>> utility of the update operator.
>>
>>  -- Michelle

> --
> @matthewadams12
> mailto:matthew@matthewadams.me
> skype:matthewadams12
> yahoo:matthewadams
> aol:matthewadams12
> google-talk:matthewadams12@gmail.com
> msn:matthew@matthewadams.me
> http://matthewadams.me
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewadams

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 10, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by mc...@sonic.net.
No problem. Skype works well for most people. Maybe it will work for me,
too, soon.

-- Michelle

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Hi Michelle,

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 10, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Matthew Adams, Michelle Caisse, Craig
Russell

Agenda:

1.  3.0.1 release

Patch was attached to the JIRA. Needs review. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-684

The patch looks good.

In order to distribute an Apache release the release must be signed by
a gpg key. AI Matthew make a key pair to use for the release signing.
More info at http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing

Create a new release JDO 3 update 1 to include this fix. Assign
JDO-684 to Matthew.

Hopefully we can also get a patch for JDO-685 as well but not a blocker.

2.  Other issues

Enum in query https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-658

Can use the FieldsOfSimpleEnum class for test data, mapped to
SimpleEnumName table (there are two ways to map enums: ordinal and
name).

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 12, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1.  Datastoreidentity "detach" test

It looks like DataNucleus has always been creating schema elements
dynamically. The spec is not specific about how the implementation is
required to support the increment strategy. This should be resolved
and put into the spec.

Meanwhile, we can change the test case from increment to sequence and
change the autocreatetable property to be false (again). AI Michael
create a JIRA to track this.

2.  JDOQL : Support for further methods (String, Enum, Date,
JDOHelper): patch available https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-658

Many of the proposed new methods are covered by the test case. AI
Michael review the patch in detail and update the JIRA description
with all the tested methods.

3. Other issues

AI Craig review Apache POM build/release process for maven2 builds.

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 19, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
NOTE: Next week, conference calling will not be available, so the
conference will be done via Skype. If anyone is interested in
attending, please let us know. My Skype id is craiglrussell; Michael
is mbouschen; Michelle is mcaisse.

Attendees: Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1.  Datastoreidentity "detach" test. AI Michael file a JIRA to change
the test to avoid creating schema (avoid using increment strategy
pending resolution of requirements for increment).

[Aug 12 2011] AI Michael review the https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-658
  patch in detail and update the JIRA description with all the tested
methods.

[Aug 12 2011] AI Craig review Apache POM build/release process for
maven2 builds

[Apr  08 2011] AI Craig comment on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-617

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 26, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.
I'd like to join.  My skype id is matthewadams12.

Re: CANCELLED: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 02, 9 am Pacific Time

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.
Sure, although I have no idea how to do that.  Can you RMTFM?

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Hi Matthew,

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.

Posted by Michelle Caisse <mc...@sonic.net>.