Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Fredrik Westermarck <fr...@mdh.se> on 2003/09/24 22:58:25 UTC

[lang] Removing code from deprecated NumberUtils

Hi!

How about removing tha code in o.a.c.lang.NumberUtils and dispatching
calls to the corresponding method in o.a.c.lang.math.NumberUtils instead?

Maybe not all methods can be changed this way since nullhandling and
throwing of exceptions may have changed.

After having a quick look it seems as the following methods in in
o.a.c.lang.NumberUtils could be changed this way:

- stringToInt(String)/stringToInt(String, int)
- isAllZeros(String)
- minimum(long, long, long)/minimum(int, int, int)
- maximum(long, long, long)/maximum(int, int, int)
- compare(double, double)/compare(float, float)
- isDigits(String)
- isNumber(String)

Re: [lang] Removing code from deprecated NumberUtils

Posted by Fredrik Westermarck <fr...@mdh.se>.
Hi!

Yes, the methods behave exaclty the same.

However if the new methods change later on and before the deprecated
class is removed, that could mean that we would have to bring back the
old implementation in the deprecated class from the CVS. Keeping track
of when that occurs could also be difficult.

I guess thats one of the reasons (and a good one too) not to change the
methods.

Posted by Fredrik Westermarck <fr...@mdh.se>.
Hi!

Posted by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>.