Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Knight <sc...@loanprotector.com> on 2001/06/06 21:49:17 UTC

Apache mod_jk .war tomcat seperate server

	I tried to be descriptive in my subject. I have a hopefuly simple question
about deploying war files on a remote tomcat server. If i have apache on
server A and tomcat on server B and deploy a complete war file, (html,
images, servlets, jsp and all) on the tomcat server B, can apache see the
html files? If so, how do i configure mod_jk to see that. Right now the
only config ive seen for mod_jk is with tomcat and apace on the same server
so you have an unpacked war file and can do things like this

Alias /something /usr/tomcat/webapps/something

I obviously can't do this if tomcat is on another server. Is anyone out
there doing this? If so how do i configure mod_jk to do this. I already
know how to configure mod_jk and the workers.properties to go to the remote
tomcat but what about the html in the war on the remote tomcat. Also id
rather not unpack the war if i dont have to, so how do i have mod_jk know
where to look for the war for a certain url in apache. Hopefully this is
clear enough to understand, let me know if i can be more specific. Thanks

	Scott Knight