Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/13 16:05:42 UTC

T5: Issue with context in PageRenderDispatcher (decoding done twice)

These two lines will result in a TapestryInternalUtils.urlDecode() on
the context.

069                    String[] context = atEnd ? new String[0] :
convertActivationContext(path
070                            .substring(nextslashx + 1));

It seems that this is already done by the servlet, so the decoding is
done twice. And results in malformed contexts.

This also applies to the ComponentActionDispatcher

See for further discussions
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200706.mbox/%3C1182418365.3432.27.camel@localhost%3E

Re: T5: Issue with context in PageRenderDispatcher (decoding done twice)

Posted by Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com>.
Is this something we dont talk about or am I just way off track here?...

--
/ted

Re: T5: Issue with context in PageRenderDispatcher (decoding done twice)

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
That could be an error in Tapestry, yes.  Please add an issue.

On Nov 13, 2007 7:05 AM, Ted Steen <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> These two lines will result in a TapestryInternalUtils.urlDecode() on
> the context.
>
> 069                    String[] context = atEnd ? new String[0] :
> convertActivationContext(path
> 070                            .substring(nextslashx + 1));
>
> It seems that this is already done by the servlet, so the decoding is
> done twice. And results in malformed contexts.
>
> This also applies to the ComponentActionDispatcher
>
> See for further discussions
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tapestry-users/200706.mbox/%3C1182418365.3432.27.camel@localhost%3E

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50