Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au> on 2011/03/22 12:31:17 UTC

RAT shows 21 files without ASL License Headers

Hi All,

http://ci.apache.org/projects/subversion/rat-output.html

I went through them:

* build/config.guess : Not touched yet, we either add an ASL 2.0 Header
above current one, or add to rat-excludes file.
* build/config.sub : Not touched yet, we either add an ASL 2.0 Header above
current one, or add to rat-excludes file.
* build/install-sh : Not touched yet, not sure, has X Consortium License.

[[[

Add license headers where possible, or exclude the file in rat-excludes.

* subversion/bindings/swig/python/tests/trac/versioncontrol/__init__.py :
Added a License
* subversion/tests/cmdline/dav-mirror-autocheck.sh : Added a License
* subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/err.py Added to rat-excludes
* subversion/tests/manual/tree-conflicts-add-vs-add.py : Added a License
* tools/buildbot/master/public_html/buildbot.css : Added to rat-excludes
* tools/client-side/svn-ssl-fingerprints.sh : Added a License
* tools/dev/iz/defect.dem : Added to rat-excludes
* tools/dev/iz/ff2csv.command : Added to rat-excludes
* tools/dev/unix-build/Makefile.svn : Added a License
* tools/dev/wc-format.py : Added a License
* tools/dev/wc-ng/bump-to-19.py : Added a License
* tools/dev/wc-ng/populate-pristine.py : Added a License
* tools/dev/windows-build/Makefile : Added a License
* tools/dev/windows-build/document-version.pl : Added a License
* tools/examples/svnlog2html.rb : Added a License
* tools/hook-scripts/commit-email.rb : Added a License
* tools/hook-scripts/mailer/tests/mailer-t1.output : Added to rat-excludes
* tools/hook-scripts/mailer/tests/mailer.conf : Added a License

]]]

The attached patch will address 18 of the 21 files, config.guess and
config.sub and install-sh needing further discussion.

Thanks

Gav...(the other one)

RE: RAT shows 21 files without ASL License Headers

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
I don't see my patch, re-naming it to licenses.patch.txt

Gav...

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

(bear with me on the process of why we use RAT)

That depends doesn't it. The RAT checker checks for non ASL licensed files.
The rat-excludes file is not there to purely 'hide' away any files that do
not
have one. It is there to remove genuine files from the reports such as
generated
files or build files or output files etc etc. Now, the RAT check has brought
these files
to our attention and they are GPL - that does not mean we hide them with RAT
without any thought.

It means we need to decide what to do with them.

In this case I believe as build deps we are allowed to include them.

Hope you don't think that was a wasted explanation, there are those that
like to
get their RAT count [1] down to zero just by excluding everything without a
license,
my email and my patch was not about that.

I'm happy to exclude the above 2 files, I'll do a separate patch for that
once the other
has been applied. That leaves us with just one file left.

Gav...

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Ok thanks all for your input/approvals.

http://ci.apache.org/projects/rat-master-summary.html

http://ci.apache.org/projects/subversion/rat-output.html

So currently, Subversion is Green with 0 license issues.

Gav...

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Ok thanks,

new patch added, revised log:

* build/config.guess : Not touched yet, we either add an ASL 2.0 Header
above current one, or add to rat-excludes file.
* build/config.sub : Not touched yet, we either add an ASL 2.0 Header above
current one, or add to rat-excludes file.
* build/install-sh : Not touched yet, not sure, has X Consortium License.

[[[

Add license headers where possible, or exclude the file in rat-excludes.

* subversion/bindings/swig/python/tests/trac/versioncontrol/__init__.py :
Added to rat-excludes
* subversion/tests/cmdline/dav-mirror-autocheck.sh : Added a License
* subversion/tests/cmdline/svntest/err.py Added to rat-excludes
* subversion/tests/manual/tree-conflicts-add-vs-add.py : Added a License
* tools/buildbot/master/public_html/buildbot.css : Added to rat-excludes
* tools/client-side/svn-ssl-fingerprints.sh : Added a License
* tools/dev/iz/defect.dem : Added to rat-excludes
* tools/dev/iz/ff2csv.command : Added to rat-excludes
* tools/dev/unix-build/Makefile.svn : Added a License
* tools/dev/wc-format.py : Added a License
* tools/dev/wc-ng/bump-to-19.py : Added a License
* tools/dev/wc-ng/populate-pristine.py : Added a License
* tools/dev/windows-build/Makefile : Added a License
* tools/dev/windows-build/document-version.pl : Added a License
* tools/examples/svnlog2html.rb : Added a License
* tools/hook-scripts/commit-email.rb : Added a License
* tools/hook-scripts/mailer/tests/mailer-t1.output : Added to rat-excludes
* tools/hook-scripts/mailer/tests/mailer.conf : Added a License

]]]

The attached patch will address 18 of the 21 files, config.guess and
config.sub and install-sh needing further discussion.

All

Posted by Hyrum K Wright <hy...@hyrumwright.org>.