Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Iordanov, Borislav (GIC)" <bo...@miamidade.gov> on 2006/07/27 21:04:48 UTC

searching the list

Hi guys,

Is this mailing list searchable from somewhere? There is good chance the
following question has been asked before: how to configure the MyFaces
extensions filter (for file upload) with the Apache Pluto portlet
container?

Thanks

Bolerio

RE: searching the list

Posted by "Iordanov, Borislav (GIC)" <bo...@miamidade.gov>.
Oops! So...no file upload, no DHTML calendar input etc. with portlets?

I could actually navigate to the mailing lists page quickly. It's the
searchability option that's important. That's the first reflex that most
people have - type in a few keywords and see what comes up. And it's
usually very fruitful.

Posted by "Iordanov, Borislav (GIC)" <bo...@miamidade.gov>.
Let me reiterate the point: the page showing the mailing lists is not as
helpful. Having something that says "You can find answers by searching
the user mailing list at:". The mailing list is very active so this will
save people a lot of time.

The FAQs are almost empty, the Wiki misleads you by making you believe
that the extension filter works with portlets, where in fact it doesn't
and it can't be made to..., so the mailing list is really the only
reliable source of information. It contains plenty of code samples,
troubleshooting techniques, specific answers to common questions etc.

Re: searching the list

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

RE: searching the list

Posted by "Iordanov, Borislav (GIC)" <bo...@miamidade.gov>.
Thanks a lot for pointer! That would be a useful reference on the
MyFaces web site by the way... ;)

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything helpful with my problem. The
ExtensionsFilter simply never gets called. I tried a myriad different
ways to specifiy the filter-mapping, using url-patterns, servlet names
etc. And of course, no exceptions in the logs.

Has anybody has success with configuring the extensions filter in Pluto
(or any other portlet container for that matter)? If so, would you share
your configuration?

Thanks!

Re: searching the list

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.