Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joshua O'Brien <jo...@imagineps.com> on 2010/05/10 23:35:34 UTC

Embedding SVG in PDF

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  I am trying to embed (not rasterize) SVG in a PDF using Cocoon.  I have modified the application created here: http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1159_1_1.html, first to use the svg2jpeg serializer which works as it should and now I am trying to get it to embed the same svg into a pdf (so if the request is foo.jpg it gets rasterized, if the request is foo.pdf, it gets embedded).  I can successfully create the pdf here: http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1290_1_1.html but once I add SVG it breaks.

I am running Cocoon 2.2 using Tomcat 6.0.26 on a Windows Server 2003 SP2 box.  It's a 2.93GHz Core2Duo with 4GB RAM.

I've attached a log of the error, the sample .fo that I am trying to convert, and my sitemap, let me know if there is any more information that would be helpful.  In this setup pdfsample.fo goes in resources/COB-INF/fop.

I ran across this: http://www.mail-archive.com/fop-user@xml.apache.org/msg04734.html but it's fairly old and I don't see the WEB-INF folder that he is talking about.

Thanks,
Josh

RE: Embedding SVG in PDF

Posted by Laurent Medioni <lm...@odyssey-group.com>.
Hi,

You are probably trying to run an old fop on a java 6 ?

You may have to patch org.apache.fop.image.analyser.SVGReader to remove the silly import org.apache.batik.util.UnitProcessor.Context (non existing class, now blocking error with java 6…), or you may want to upgrade to fop 0.95.

Been there, done that…

Laurent

[...]

• This email and any files transmitted with it are CONFIDENTIAL and intended
• Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, or distribution of the material within
  this email is strictly forbidden.
• Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of the
  author and do not necessarily represent those of Odyssey Financial
Technologies SA unless otherwise specifically stated.
• An electronic message is not binding on its sender. Any message referring to
• If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
  and delete the original.