Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Francois Zeller <Fr...@ascom.ch> on 2003/02/14 09:50:25 UTC

EJB2.0 local unit test

Hi,
may be it's trivial but I don't find out how can I test with cactus my
EJB2.0 Local methods.
a short explanation:
I've some EJB2.0 Entity beans whith only local interfaces. I'd like to
unit-test them (and the accompanying java classes, implementing the logic)
from within the application server. My Idea was to use a redirector
implemented in a session bean with remote interfaces: does cactus offer
something like that ?
Thanks in advance for any helps,
François

Re: EJB2.0 local unit test

Posted by Christopher Lenz <cm...@gmx.de>.
Hi François,

Francois Zeller wrote:
> Hi,
> may be it's trivial but I don't find out how can I test with cactus my
> EJB2.0 Local methods.
> a short explanation:
> I've some EJB2.0 Entity beans whith only local interfaces. I'd like to
> unit-test them (and the accompanying java classes, implementing the logic)
> from within the application server. My Idea was to use a redirector
> implemented in a session bean with remote interfaces: does cactus offer
> something like that ?

The short answer is "not yet"... contributions would be most welcome :-)

In the meantime, you can test your local interfaces from the servlet
redirector, and give the test web.xml all local-ejb-refs. See this HOWTO
for an example:

   <http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/howto_ejb_j2eeri.html>

> Thanks in advance for any helps,
> François

-chris

RE: EJB2.0 local unit test

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Francois,

AS Chris mentioned, Cactus does not yet have an EJB Redirector (although
this is planned in the todo list). However, you can still unit test
local EJBs with Cactus by writing a ServletTestCase test case class and
calling your local bean from there (see the EJB Howto tutorial on the
web site).

Thanks
-Vincent