Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa> on 2013/11/05 12:06:44 UTC

Build hadoop from src and running it?

Hi,

I checked out hadoop common project 2.2.0 from the svn and I built it using
maven. Now, I don't find any conf folder or any cofiuration files to set to
start running hadoop and using its hdfs? How can I do so?

--
Best Regards,
Karim Ahmed Awara

--

------------------------------
this email.

Re: Build hadoop from src and running it?

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Karim Awara <ka...@kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I checked out hadoop common project 2.2.0 from the svn and I built it using
> maven. Now, I don't find any conf folder or any cofiuration files to set to
> start running hadoop and using its hdfs? How can I do so?

You may find following these docs quite useful:
   http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.2.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html
   http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.2.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/ClusterSetup.html

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Build hadoop from src and running it?

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.