Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jeff Van Boxtel <jb...@grpmack.com> on 2007/10/19 18:22:59 UTC

CheckSum errors?

I get the following error with the latest nigthy build of nutch:

WARN  fs.FileSystem - Moving bad file
/data/nutch/crawl/tmp/mapred/local/reduce_ur2fab/map_1.out to
/data/bad_files/map_1.out.-1786551$
WARN  mapred.LocalJobRunner - job_ofp9by
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumException:
Checksum error: crawl/tmp/mapred/local/reduce_ur2fab/map_1.out at
33316864

Someone else said this is because of a bad harddisk? But I can't do
fsck because my data is being stored on a cifs mount.
When I did a chkdsk on the drive partion on the remote machine there
are no errors. Is this anything else that can cause this error?

Re: CheckSum errors?

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.
Usually this is due to bad memory, not harddisk.

Dennis Kubes