Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sascha Schumann <sa...@schumann.cx> on 1999/12/29 23:46:39 UTC

ap_strftime

    Why is ap_strftime declared as returning ap_status_t, but
    does not return anything? Does not look correct to me.

    ap_status_t ap_strftime(char *s, ap_size_t max, const char
                        *format, struct atime_t *tm)
    {
        strftime(s, max, format, tm->explodedtime);
    }

    src/lib/apr/time/unix/timestr.c

                            Sascha Schumann
                                 Consultant

Re: ap_strftime

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> i worry only about namespace collision...

I know, I've had the same worry.  The advantage to the way things are
currently written, is that we can easily change the internal name without
affecting anything external.  My current thought, is leave it alone for
now, and if there is a problem later, it will take a half-day to fix it.
We should come to a decision on this before we actually release Apache
2.0, but for right now, I think we are safe.

Ryan

> > > struct atime_t ?  shouldn't that be ap_time_t ?
> >
> > Nope.  Because we are using incomplete types, I have two basic naming
> > conventions.  Inside APR in the library that defines the type, we are
> > using the format "struct basetype_t".  Outside of APR, this is defined to
> > be "ap_basetype_t", and we use that outside of the APR library.  Yes, I
> > could have named the struct ap_basetype_t, but I was hoping that by not
> > naming them the same things, people would be forced to look around and
> > figure out the incomplete types stuff.  Not sure if this was a good design
> > or not, but it has let me find a bug or two very quickly.
> >
> > Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd
RTP, NC 27709

Conference!  <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

Re: ap_strftime

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
i worry only about namespace collision...

Dean

Re: ap_strftime

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@raleigh.ibm.com>.

Re: ap_strftime

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

Re: ap_strftime

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
That's an easy question to answer.  I wrote it quickly to get things
working a few weeks ago, and forgot to fix it.  I'll get to it tomorrow
some time.  It does need to return something.

Ryan