Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by legen_dary <pb...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/21 17:57:10 UTC

Filtering data in DataTable

Is there a way to create filter for numeric types in DataTable column that
would allow user to enter/choose value for filter state object and choose if
values selected to be shown in DataTable should be bigger, lesser or equal
to the entered/chosen value?

I'd really appreciate any help
Best regards and merry x-mas :-)

Re: Filtering data in DataTable

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Mike,

The phonebook example from wicket-stuff (currently down?) shows how to
use the wicket-extra filters.

Regards,
    Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten
http://day-to-day-stuff.blogspot.com/

Re: Filtering data in DataTable

Posted by Michael O'Cleirigh <mi...@rivulet.ca>.
Hello,

I don't know of any stock component that does this but it should be
straight forward to create a component that supports it.

What I'd do for this case is create a text field for the value input,
drop down choice for the less than, greater than and equals options.

The model containing the values for these fields would be passed into
the IDataProvider of the table which could handler the filtering.

As for placement you might be able to bind them onto a toolbar on the
data table.

Mike