Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2007/04/12 04:24:47 UTC

calling all developers, test release candidate

I expect that many people on the Forrest user list
are really "developers" rather than "users".

If so then please do your bit for open source
development and assist the community to test
the upcoming release. It is also in your own
interests to ensure it works for your use cases.

See the "dev" list subscribe and archives at
http://forrest.apache.org/mail-lists.html

-David

Re: calling all developers, test release candidate

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Schumarer wrote:
> I'll try, if it doesn't work I will post here a full trace.
> ;-)
>
> On 4/12/07, Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >schumarer schumarer wrote:
> >> But when I use Sun's JDK 1.6.0, I get this error :
> >
> >Any chance you could raise this in the issue tracker for us? Sure, we
> >could do it ourselves, but we like the original reporter to do it so
> >that our tools show a true record of who is contributing to the project.
> >
> >The issue tracker is at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR (you
> >need to create an account to register an issue)

Go via here. There is more info.
http://forrest.apache.org/issues.html

Posted by Schumarer <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cy...@pcotech.fr>.
le 12/04/2007 16:17 Ross Gardler a écrit :
> schumarer schumarer wrote:
>> Well,
>>
>> I've been testing (basic tests) forrest for the last hour and
>> everything works fine on my Windows plateform with Service Pack2.
>> Sun's JDK 1.4.2_14
>> Sun's JDK 1.5.0_11
>>
>> With these 2 versions of java, everything is ok :-)
>
> Thanks for the report. This is really useful
Yes indeed,

>> But when I use Sun's JDK 1.6.0, I get this error :
>
> This is even more useful.
>
> Do we need to fix this or shall we release with a "does not work in
> JDK 1.6.0" warning?
>
> Note, after this release I am going to propose a rapid release cycle
> and David hinted at such when we started on this approach. With that
> in mind I propose we release with this known limitation. What do
> others think.
I am Ok for both : rapid release and add a warning...

Salutations,
Cyriaque,

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by schumarer schumarer <sc...@gmail.com>.
Well,

I've been testing (basic tests) forrest for the last hour and everything
works fine on my Windows plateform with Service Pack2.
Sun's JDK 1.4.2_14
Sun's JDK 1.5.0_11

With these 2 versions of java, everything is ok :-)

But when I use Sun's JDK 1.6.0, I get this error :

validate-sitemap:
C:\apache-
forrest-0.8\main\webapp\resources\schema\relaxng\sitemap-v06.rng:72:31:error:
datatype library "
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes" not recognized
C:\apache-
forrest-0.8\main\webapp\resources\schema\relaxng\sitemap-v06.rng:81:31:error:
datatype library "
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes" not recognized
C:\apache-
forrest-0.8\main\webapp\resources\schema\relaxng\sitemap-v06.rng:96:28:error:
datatype library "
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes" not recognized
C:\apache-
forrest-0.8\main\webapp\resources\schema\relaxng\sitemap-v06.rng:102:28:error:
datatype library "
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes" not recognized
[this is almost the same error like 50 times]

Not the same problem as yesterday ;-)

For the rest, I haven't noticed any problem for now but I have to say that
I'm still discovering forrest. I haven't tried any plugin, I don't know what
the Dispatcher is... I will use it and report all problem.

Posted by "Gav..." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
<quote who="David Crossley">
> Gav.... wrote:
>> From: David Crossley
>> > Gav... wrote:
>>
>> FAILED: MD5 Checksum
>>
>> Results :
>>
>> D:\Master Programs\forrest-0.8-rc1>fsum -md5 apache-forrest-0.8.zip.md5
>> 7b4695341b547c9d8de4e18d6142b9d2 *apache-forrest-0.8.zip.md5
>>
>> ??
>
> I don't understand what you mean.
>
> Going from the notes on our download page:
>
> % md5sum apache-forrest-X.Y.zip.gz
> ... output should match the string in apache-forrest-X.Y.zip.md5
>
> My guess is that the command that you are running
> is creating and md5 for the *.md5 file, rather than
> verifying the contents of the *.zip file.
>
> -David

Yep sorry , thats what I think too.
New program, I got the command wrong.

--
Gav...

Re: calling all developers, test release candidate

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: line-endings on Windows?

Posted by Schumarer <sc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't have any problem with the line-endings when I edit a file using a
text editor like notepad. So I think if it works with notepad (the most
basic text editor ever), it should work with everything else.
(With Ultraedit it works ok too)

RE: line-endings on Windows?

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

I edited forrest.properties and a couple of xml source files,
no problems at all.

Gav...

line-endings on Windows?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Gav..." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
<quote who="David Crossley">

Posted by "Gav..." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
<quote who="David Crossley">

website refreshed every hour

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> >Team, this is the same problem I'm seeing. I'm 99.9% certain it is
> >because the dispatcher plugin has not been deployed correctly.
>
> Thorsten has now deployed it for us. We just need to wait for the next
> site update and test again, this will happen within 4 hours.

As i explained in another messsage (yes, hard to keep up)
the site cronjobs (svn up, rsync) happen every hour
and is complete about 25 minutes past the hour.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Re: RC1 Fails on dispatcher (Re: calling all developers, test release candidate)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:

> [...]

This is not the issue, this only affects the dispatcher site. Thorsten
must have fixed this as he has successfully deployed the dispatcher
plugin (and it will not deploy if there is a broken page). See my other
posts on this.

I don't know what the issue is though, still no time to look.

Ross

Re: RC1 fails when plugins provide Java source

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Brian M Dube wrote:
>> The same steps produce the same error on Linux. However, it appears the
>> scope is not limited to the dispatcher. Any plugin that provides Java
>> source will fail. Plugins in trunk are built in $FOO_PLUGIN/build, where
>> the compiled code will end up. This is not the case with RC1. With RC1,
>> the plugins end up in $FORREST_HOME/build/plugins in source form. They
>> are never built.
>
> Good detective work Brian. Thanks.

Absolutely, I was getting very frustrated with that last night. Thanks
for the heads up. Now I can look at it with fresh eyes - oh how I love
having a team spread across time zones.

(will get to look at this in about 2 hours)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:

> Yep, Dispatcher does a forrest run and forrest ok for me too in trunk.
> I still get my ant test fail however. I tried to ant test the glossary
> plugin in trunk and that fails too, missing a todo.xml file.
>
> I am using forests own packaged Ant.

This is the same as issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-985
"the plugins 'test' target does not local deploy its required plugins"

In this case it is missing the projectInfo plugin.
Do a 'forrest' or 'forrest run' in the plugin's
source directory first.

-David

Re: RC1 fails when plugins provide Java source

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
>> David Crossley wrote:
>>> Good detective work Brian. Thanks.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the Ant target "deploy" target, that makes
>>> the plugin available for download, does not pack
>>> the built jar into the zip file.
>>>
>>> Thanks again for your valuable input.
>> Yep this is the problem. I am still investigating
>> it in head of trunk plugins/build.xml
>
> Okay, fixed now in r528349. The dispatcher plugin has
> been deployed again. Doing basic tests are working now
> for me.

My threading was off, so didn't see this message. This is even better
news and makes the revolving globe even more enjoyable ;-)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > David Crossley wrote:

> > > Yep this is the problem. I am still investigating
> > > it in head of trunk plugins/build.xml
> >
> > Okay, fixed now in r528349. The dispatcher plugin has
> > been deployed again. Doing basic tests are working now
> > for me.
>
> Other plugins that use some java will need to be
> re-deployed too.
>
> e.g. I am getting failures with a site that uses
> the PhotoGallery plugin (missing images and errors
> in the log). So i will try to re-deploy that one.
>
> There are various other such plugins, but no developer
> is asking for them to be deployed. The trouble is that
> if we don't deploy these, then people will get strange
> errors when they try and we will need to answer lots
> of mail lists questions. I know that there are warnings about
> using whiteboard plugins. But still, better to head off
> any questions.

Here is the list of plugins that currently use some java.

plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.PhotoGallery
Done

plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.inputModule
Not yet done. This is used by dispatcher-releated sites.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.Database
Not yet done.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.solr
Done.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher
Done.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.xhtml2
Not yet done.
Not yet initially deployed anyway. Better to not deploy this
yet, IIRC it is still in early development.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.DevTools
Not yet done.
Not yet initially deployed anyway.

whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.Resume

Re: Whiteboard plugins (Re: RC1 fails when plugins provide Java source)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >There are various other such plugins, but no developer
> >is asking for them to be deployed. The trouble is that
> >if we don't deploy these, then people will get strange
> >errors when they try and we will need to answer lots
> >of mail lists questions. I know that there are warnings about
> >using whiteboard plugins. But still, better to head off
> >any questions.
>
> The only reason I did not deploy all the whiteboard plugins was becuase
> of time. I have no problem with any/all being deployed. Right now I'm
> busy fighting with a weird error in the DOAP plugin (something I
> actually need to deploy).
>
> It would be great if every committer actually deploys one whiteboard
> plugin, we'd be through them in no time.

Yeah that is what i have been trying to encourage.

This previous message was only related to the plugins
that use java and so more crticial.

I will list those and we can ensure that they are done.
The rest are up to people to state their needs.

-David

Whiteboard plugins (Re: RC1 fails when plugins provide Java source)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> There are various other such plugins, but no developer
> is asking for them to be deployed. The trouble is that
> if we don't deploy these, then people will get strange
> errors when they try and we will need to answer lots
> of mail lists questions. I know that there are warnings about
> using whiteboard plugins. But still, better to head off
> any questions.

The only reason I did not deploy all the whiteboard plugins was becuase
of time. I have no problem with any/all being deployed. Right now I'm
busy fighting with a weird error in the DOAP plugin (something I
actually need to deploy).

It would be great if every committer actually deploys one whiteboard
plugin, we'd be through them in no time.

Once I've done the DOAP plugin I'll move onto another.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:

> [...]

PASSED with RC1: build test (includes dispatcher)

I'm getting a failing ant test too, but that appears to be a problem
with the test script, not with the plugin itself (since site tests work).

Will continue testing with some of my more esoteric dev sites now.

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

RC1 fails when plugins provide Java source (Re: RC1 Fails on dispatcher)

Posted by Brian M Dube <br...@gmail.com>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Gav.... wrote:

Brian

Re: RC1 Fails on dispatcher (Re: calling all developers, test release candidate)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:

> [...]

The steps for reproducing are given above.

Ross

Re: plugins 'test' target

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Gav.... wrote:
>> From: Gav....
>>> Same with me, dispatcher broken.
>>>
>>> I did an 'ant test' on the dispatcher plugin in trunk and the
>>> dispatcher-glossary.xml fails validation due to not well formed markup.
>>> Its
>>> been fine
>>> all this time but now fails, don't know when that started to happen.
>>> The dispatcher plugin itself does download and unzip into the build
>>> directory fine in RC1.
>> Dispatcher then relies on the Glossary Plugin for the dispatcher-glossary,
>> but then so does site-author for the glossary.xml.
>>
>> I guess we need to deploy the Glossary Plugin.
>
> My comments in the other branch of this thread
> about using Forrest's own Ant are still relevant.
>
> However, i now see the error that you talk about.
>
> The reason that it did work for me was that i
> had done 'forrest' in the whiteboard/plugins/o.a.f...dispatcher/
> directory before doing 'ant test'. This meant that
> the glossary plugin was already locally deloyed.
>
> For some reason our plugin 'test' Ant target only
> does a local deploy of the actual plugin that it is
> tesing and not the other plugins that are required
> by this plugin.

Lets keep that as an issue for 0.9, it will not affect the distribution
since plugin developers will either be committers (using svn head) or
will have to provide contributions as a patch for review.

Ross

Re: plugins 'test' target

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Gav.... wrote:
> > > Hmm, I just did a 'forrest' and it failed too due to validation
> > > errors :-

> > > validate-xdocs:
> > > D:\Apache2\forrest\whiteboard\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dis
> > > patc
> > > her\src\documentation\content\xdocs\dispatcher-glossary.xml:70:2: The
> > > content of
> > >  elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
> > >
> > > BUILD FAILED
> > > D:\Apache2\forrest\main\targets\validate.xml:136: Could not validate
> > > document D:
> > > \Apache2\forrest\whiteboard\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispa
> > > tche
> > > r\src\documentation\content\xdocs\dispatcher-glossary.xml
> > >
> > > Total time: 12 seconds
> > >
> > > This is in upto date trunk.
> >
> > I had that problem at some point. Then it "magically" disappeared.
> >
> > Try doing a clean build.
>
> David reported some similar issue and I myself had it a couple of days
> back (when I deployed the dispatcher).
>
> Like David after a forrest it went away.
>
> It seems that the dtd is sometimes not resolved correctly.
> <!DOCTYPE glossary PUBLIC "-//Apache Forrest//DTD Glossary V1.0//EN"
> "glossary-v10.dtd">
>
> Could be a problem with the catalog resolving.

No. I already explained this. The "test" target is not
locally deploying the required plugins, therefore there
is no glossary plugin available, so no DTD. Also Forrest
would not know how to process the glossary document.

See yesterdays issue at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-985

I tried to link straight away to the mail archives
but they were out-of-date at the time. Will try again.

-David

Re: plugins 'test' target

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 12:00 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Gav.... wrote:
> > Hmm, I just did a 'forrest' and it failed too due to validation
> > errors :-

> > validate-xdocs:
> > D:\Apache2\forrest\whiteboard\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dis
> > patc
> > her\src\documentation\content\xdocs\dispatcher-glossary.xml:70:2: The
> > content of
> >  elements must consist of well-formed character data or markup.
> >
> > BUILD FAILED
> > D:\Apache2\forrest\main\targets\validate.xml:136: Could not validate
> > document D:
> > \Apache2\forrest\whiteboard\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispa
> > tche
> > r\src\documentation\content\xdocs\dispatcher-glossary.xml
> >
> > Total time: 12 seconds
> >
> > This is in upto date trunk.
>
> I had that problem at some point. Then it "magically" disappeared.
>
> Try doing a clean build.

David reported some similar issue and I myself had it a couple of days
back (when I deployed the dispatcher).

Like David after a forrest it went away.

It seems that the dtd is sometimes not resolved correctly.
<!DOCTYPE glossary PUBLIC "-//Apache Forrest//DTD Glossary V1.0//EN"
"glossary-v10.dtd">

Could be a problem with the catalog resolving.

salu2

Re: plugins 'test' target

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

RE: plugins 'test' target

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

I don't want to hold up the release with 'dispatcher' and 'whiteboard' talk
but these plugins are supposed to be available for 0.8 users and should be
working. But I suppose this can be looked at again after the release.

Gav...

plugins 'test' target

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

when using own Ant, need xml-commons-resolver.jar

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:
> From: Gav....
> > > From: Ross Gardler
> >
> > I did an 'ant test' on the dispatcher plugin in trunk and the
> > dispatcher-glossary.xml fails validation due to not well formed markup.
> > Its
> > been fine
> > all this time but now fails, don't know when that started to happen.
> > The dispatcher plugin itself does download and unzip into the build
> > directory fine in RC1.

The "test" build in the plugin's source in trunk
does work for me. Are you sure that you are following
the instructions and using Forrest's own Ant.

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-buildPlugin.html#Steps

Basically you need to either:
- configure your local Ant correctly to put an
xml-commons-resolver.jar in its lib
(see Ant Manual about Installing)
or
- use Forrest's packaged Ant (we rely heavily on resolver).
i.e. $FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant test

> Dispatcher then relies on the Glossary Plugin for the dispatcher-glossary,
> but then so does site-author for the glossary.xml.

When you use 'forrest' commands, then it uses our own Ant
which has the Catalog Entity Resolver jar.
So 'cd site-author; forrest ...' works properly.
But when using your own Ant, you need to install your
own supporting libraries.

> I guess we need to deploy the Glossary Plugin.
> Does the glossary DTDs need to be placed anywhere public, or does it all get
> it from the plugin DTD?

The Catalog Entity Resolver is used by the xml parser.

-David

Re: RC1 Fails on dispatcher (Re: calling all developers, test release candidate)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Gav.... wrote:
> Dispatcher then relies on the Glossary Plugin for the dispatcher-glossary,
> but then so does site-author for the glossary.xml.

Already done last night.

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Posted by "Gav...." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Olivier Parent wrote:
> X [0]                                     linkmap.html  BROKEN:
> org.apache.forrest.dispatcher.transformation.DispatcherTransformer

Thanks Olivier - this is a great help,

Team, this is the same problem I'm seeing. I'm 99.9% certain it is
because the dispatcher plugin has not been deployed correctly.

Thorsten has fixed the site in dispatcher, and tried to deploy, but he
had not picked up the fix for the deploy target.

Strangely, I am unable to deploy the plugin:

C:\projects\forrest\main\targets\validate.xml:136: Could not validate
document
C:\projects\forrest\whiteboard\plugins\org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatc
her\src\documentation\content\xdocs\dispatcher-glossary.xml

Thorsten, do you have an uncommitted change?

I'll try and look at this later, but for now other things beckon.

Ross

Re: calling all developers, test release candidate

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
The "forrest war" target needs to be tested in more environments.

It works fine on a seed-sample, but fails on site-author (still diagnosing).

Can developers please test and report on your chosen site and servlet
engine.

Ross

Re: calling all developers, test release candidate

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>> I'm now onto testing the war targets.
>>>
>>> So will try and reproduce this error.
>> OK, I reproduced it.
>>
>> (in tomcat 6, but that's not relevant to this issue)
>>
>> The war works fine apart from this issue, at least as far as I can see.
>>
>> The issue is caused by the fact that the war is mounted at
>> localhost:8080/my-project rather than localhost:8080
>>
>> The match in sitemap.xmap is:
>>
>> <map:match pattern="pluginDocs/plugins_(.*)/index(|\.source).xml"
>> type="regexp">
>>
>> So it fails.
>>
>> This is certainly an issue, but it is not one that is likely to actually
>> affect users and is easy to fix in 0.8.1 or 0.9.
>>
>> I don't see the need for a new RC1 for this issue.
>
> As you suggest, developers would be the ones to use
> the plugins index. Most likely would use 'forrest run'
> for development.

It's even less wide ranging than that. The problem only shows up when
building a war of a freshly seeded site.

Ross

Re: calling all developers, test release candidate

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> >Olivier Parent wrote:
> >>here is my test run with the following environment:
> >>OK    forrest war ... use your own full Jetty or Tomcat.
> >>
> >>Test with apache-tomcat-5.5.12 : OK overall
> >>FAIL - the "plugins" link does not work (was OK when running with
> >>Forrest-Jetty)
> >>     "/my-project/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/index.html" could not be found
> >
> >I'm now onto testing the war targets.
> >
> >So will try and reproduce this error.
>
> OK, I reproduced it.
>
> (in tomcat 6, but that's not relevant to this issue)
>
> The war works fine apart from this issue, at least as far as I can see.
>
> The issue is caused by the fact that the war is mounted at
> localhost:8080/my-project rather than localhost:8080
>
> The match in sitemap.xmap is:
>
> <map:match pattern="pluginDocs/plugins_(.*)/index(|\.source).xml"
> type="regexp">
>
> So it fails.
>
> This is certainly an issue, but it is not one that is likely to actually
> affect users and is easy to fix in 0.8.1 or 0.9.
>
> I don't see the need for a new RC1 for this issue.

As you suggest, developers would be the ones to use
the plugins index. Most likely would use 'forrest run'
for development.

It is not hard to do another release candidate,
so don't let that be a factor in any decisions.
One issue is that we need to be sure people are
testing the correct rc.

-David

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Olivier Parent wrote:
> here is my test run with the following environment:
> OK    forrest war ... use your own full Jetty or Tomcat.
>
> Test with apache-tomcat-5.5.12 : OK overall
> FAIL - the "plugins" link does not work (was OK when running with
> Forrest-Jetty)
>      "/my-project/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/index.html" could not be found

I'm now onto testing the war targets.

So will try and reproduce this error.

Thanks for your report Olivier - these are really useful.

(as are the passes we are getting from people as well)

Ross

Re: calling all developers, test release candidate

Posted by Olivier Parent <ol...@xtstelecom.com>.
David Crossley wrote:
> I expect that many people on the Forrest user list
> are really "developers" rather than "users".
>
> If so then please do your bit for open source
> development and assist the community to test
> the upcoming release. It is also in your own
> interests to ensure it works for your use cases.
>
> See the "dev" list subscribe and archives at
> http://forrest.apache.org/mail-lists.html
>
> -David

Hello,

here is my test run with the following environment:

OS     : Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Java   : Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-b05, mixed mode,
sharing)
Locale : fr_FR

OK * Make a fresh site ...
OK    cd my-new-dir
OK    forrest seed
OK    forrest run ... use the local jetty server.
OK    forrest ... build the whole site from the command-line.
OK    forrest war ... use your own full Jetty or Tomcat.

Test with apache-tomcat-5.5.12 : OK overall
 FAIL - the "plugins" link does not work (was OK when running with
Forrest-Jetty)
      "/my-project/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/index.html" could not be found

OK * Try it on the Forrest core docs ...
OK    cd site-author
OK    forrest run
OK    forrest

* Forrest was already pre-built. Try building it again.
OK    cd main
OK    build clean
OK    build
FAIL    build test

End of trace for "build test"

----------- 8<

site:

  Copying the various non-generated resources to site.
  Warnings will be issued if the optional project resources are not found.
  This is often the case, because they are optional and so may not be
available.
Copying project resources and images to site ...
Warning:
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\webapp\resources
not found.
Copying 2 files to
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\site\fr
Copying main skin images to site ...
Created dir:
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\site\fr\skin\images
Copying 18 files to
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\site\fr\skin\images
Copying 14 files to
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\site\fr\skin\images
cocoon 2.2.0-dev
Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
Build: December 8 2005 (TargetVM=1.4, SourceVM=1.4, Debug=on, Optimize=on)
Copying project skin images to site ...
Warning:
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\main\src\documentation\skins\common\images
not found.
Warning:
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\main\src\documentation\skins\pelt\images
not found.
Copying main skin css and js files to site ...
Copying 11 files to
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\site\fr\skin
Copied 4 empty directories to 3 empty directories under
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\site\fr\skin
Copying 4 files to
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\site\fr\skin
Copying project skin css and js files to site ...
Warning:
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\main\src\documentation\skins\common not
found.
Warning:
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\main\src\documentation\skins\pelt not found.

Finished copying the non-generated resources.
Now Cocoon will generate the rest.

Static site will be generated at:
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\site\fr

Cocoon will report the status of each document:
  - in column 1: *=okay X=brokenLink ^=pageSkipped (see FAQ).

X [0]                                     linkmap.html  BROKEN:
org.apache.forrest.dispatcher.transformation.DispatcherTransformer
Total time: 0 minutes 3 seconds,  Site size: 0 Site pages: 0
Java Result: 1

  Copying broken links file to site root.

Copying 1 file to
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\site\fr

BUILD FAILED
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\main\build.xml:371: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\main\build.xml:373: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\main\build.xml:383: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\main\targets\site.xml:180: Error
building site.

There appears to be a problem with your site build.

Read the output above:
* Cocoon will report the status of each document:
    - in column 1: *=okay X=brokenLink ^=pageSkipped (see FAQ).
* Even if only one link is broken, you will still get "failed".
* Your site would still be generated, but some pages would be broken.
  - See
C:\dev\third\apache-forrest-0.8\build\test_dispatcher_site\build\site\fr/broken-links.xml

Total time: 57 seconds

Regards,

Olivier Parent