Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by José Augusto dos Santos Neto <ne...@microhosting.com.br> on 2002/05/04 16:39:44 UTC

Problems with Perl Instalation

Dear friends,

I´m having problems with perl when i try to install apache-asp. When i run
make test appear the message bellow:

Can't locate object method "new" via package "URI::URL" (perhaps you forgot
to load "URI::URL"?) at ../blib/lib/Apache/test.pm line 252.
make: ** [run_tests] Erro 255

But if i try install URI::URL throught MCPAN, it said URI::URL is up to
date.

In file test.pm on line 252 appear this code:

sub simple_fetch {
    my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
    my $url = URI::URL->new("http://$net::httpserver");
    my($path,$q) = split /\?/, shift;
    $url->path($path);
    $url->query($q) if $q;
    my $request = new HTTP::Request('GET', $url);
    my $response = $ua->request($request, undef, undef);
    $response->is_success;
}

Thanks,

José Augusto dos Santos Neto
Microhosting Telecomunicações
Linux User #253575

Re: Problems with Perl Instalation

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
José Augusto dos Santos Neto wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I´m having problems with perl when i try to install apache-asp. When i run
> make test appear the message bellow:
>
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "URI::URL" (perhaps you forgot
> to load "URI::URL"?) at ../blib/lib/Apache/test.pm line 252.
> make: ** [run_tests] Erro 255
>
> But if i try install URI::URL throught MCPAN, it said URI::URL is up to
> date.

Did anyone ever answer this question for you?  Sorry if not.

In general, I do not do "make test" for mod_perl, as I have often
had problems, so you should be able to install without this.

But, to get it to work, you might make sure that Apache/test.pm
does in fact to a "use URI::URL".  This might just be a bug
in the mod_perl distribution you are using, so you might want
to download the latest stable release, 1.26, at

  http://perl.apache.org/dist/

If you are using mod_perl 1.26 to build, and you find the problem,
you might submit a patch to the mod_perl maintainers.

--Josh