Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Technology rss <te...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/23 05:28:29 UTC

Needed ACS billing solution

*Hi all,*

Please suggest to me which open source billing solution is the best for ACS?

Thanks. Regards.

Re: Needed ACS billing solution

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.
Thanks Ivan, I didn’t know Cyclops. It seems outdated but could manage to deploy the microservices and its dashboard. Could not find any documentation for the CloudStack usage integration, could you connect them?

Regards,
Nicolas Vazquez

From: Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com>
Date: Monday, 24 January 2022 at 00:42
To: users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: dev <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Needed ACS billing solution
Hi,

Take a look at Cyclops (https://cyclops-billing.readthedocs.io/en/latest/).
Actually, the integration with any existing billing solution can be done in
days.

Posted by Nicolas Vazquez <Ni...@shapeblue.com>.

From: Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com>
Date: Monday, 24 January 2022 at 00:42
To: users <us...@cloudstack.apache.org>
Cc: dev <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <iv...@bw-sw.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Saurabh Rapatwar <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saurabh Rapatwar <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Salvador <gu...@apache.org>.
Hello,

Currently, ACS has the Quota plugin for billing (actually, rating, which is
the process of assigning a monetary value to a consumption trace of
computing resources) the resources. However, it has some deficits, when
compared with other solutions on the market. We, from SC Clouds[¹], are
working on an extension of this plugin to make it more solid and robust. We
already created an issue on GitHub[²] with a specification of the current
behavior and what we want to change. We have this implemented internally
(it is in the test phase), and soon we will open a PR to share the code.

Best regards,
Daniel Salvador

[¹] https://scclouds.com.br/
[²] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/5891