Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Giovanni Conte <gi...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/12 13:03:10 UTC

RESOURCE ERROR: External Sort encountered an error while spilling to disk

Hello,
I am doing a LAG and a SUM query over a PCAP dataset of 300Mb.
I get this error:
RESOURCE ERROR: External Sort encountered an error while spilling to disk

Then I changetd
planner.memory.max_query_memory_per_node ---> 8589934592
and with this I am able to perform the LAG but not the SUM.

I have no problem of memory since I am working on a server with 72 cores
and 256 GB of RAM.
Which other parameter should I change to avoid the RESOURCE ERROR?
Can I go over 8589934592?
Thank you very much,

Giovanni

Re: RESOURCE ERROR: External Sort encountered an error while spilling to disk

Posted by Khurram Faraaz <kf...@mapr.com>.
Can you also share the stack trace from drillbit.log for the below error
RESOURCE ERROR: External Sort encountered an error while spilling to disk

And what is the version of Drill that you are running ?
Please share the table definition and the number of rows in that table,
which is being queried.

Thanks,
Khurram

Posted by Boaz Ben-Zvi <bo...@apache.org>.