Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by DHIVYA M <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/04 10:04:09 UTC

How to include some more fields to be indexed in the file document class?

Hi all,

Am using lucene 2.3.2.
I would like to include some more fields of the to be indexed other than the available one.

In the FileDocument class of the demo version of lucene 2.3.2 there are only three fields added to the documents to be indexed.

Ex: doc.add(new Field("path"..........
      doc.add(new Field("modified".........
      doc.add(new Field("contents"..........

If i want to add some more fields,
like

      doc.add(new Field("xyz"........

what should i do?
Should i modify the class file and include it again in my web lucene? Or any other simpler way is possible?
Kindly let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Dhivya

Re: How to include some more fields to be indexed in the file document class?

Posted by DHIVYA M <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Thanx for the suggestion sir.
But i wrote the Document of FileDocument class here in my indexing program so that it vl look this method rather than refering the one from the jar file.

Updating the jar by creating a class again seemed to be time consuming for me so did this way.

Thanks,
Dhivya

Posted by Anshum <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dhivya,