Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by VIGNESH S <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/25 12:02:31 UTC

Need help regarding understanding internals of Lucene Index.

Hi,

I recently started using Lucene. There are lot of  articles and news
about undestanding Lucene at the API levels .

Can anyone help me understanding in depth  what happens internally
inside a lucene index how it stores and details about the which
Datastructure lucene uses for inverted index.

--
Thanks and Regards
Vignesh Srinivasan

Re: Need help regarding understanding internals of Lucene Index.

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vignesh,

This is a very broad question! The following links might help you:
 - Lucene documentation: http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_1_0/index.html
 - File formats:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_1_0/core/org/apache/lucene/codecs/lucene41/package-summary.html#package_description
 - The block tree terms dictionary: