Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nabble_fan <ko...@bt.com> on 2010/05/19 13:56:32 UTC

Ant telnet task fails to login to a few unix boxes

I am running a simple Ant telnet code snippet to login to a unix box.

<telnet userid="${username}" password="${OS_User_Login_Password}"
server="${hostname}" timeout="30000" initialCR="no">
  <write>y</write>
  <read>/home/${username}</read>
  </telnet>

The above code does not work for the box with the details given below.

In a unix box which displays the following messages while logging in, I am
not quite sure whether this code is standard or not. Can you please suggest
a code that can work for different unix boxes.

                         British Telecommunications plc

                                   - WARNING -

                             You have accessed the
                    hwduha04 computer system operated by BT.
               You are required to have a personal authorisation
          from the system administrator before you use this computer
      and are strictly limited to the use set out in that authorisation.

         UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS SYSTEM IS PROHIBITED

        and constitutes an offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
         Unauthorised access to information is defined within policy
             A008/4.1 in ISIS Information Security, SEC/POL/A008.

        If you disclose customer or BT information without authority
                      you may be sacked and prosecuted.

Are you authorised to use this computer as detailed above? (Y)es/(N)o : y
(c)Copyright 1983-2000 Hewlett-Packard Co.,  All Rights Reserved.
(c)Copyright 1979, 1980, 1983, 1985-1993 The Regents of the Univ. of
California
(c)Copyright 1980, 1984, 1986 Novell, Inc.
(c)Copyright 1986-1992 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
(c)Copyright 1985, 1986, 1988 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
(c)Copyright 1989-1993  The Open Software Foundation, Inc.
(c)Copyright 1986 Digital Equipment Corp.
(c)Copyright 1990 Motorola, Inc.
(c)Copyright 1990, 1991, 1992 Cornell University
(c)Copyright 1989-1991 The University of Maryland
(c)Copyright 1988 Carnegie Mellon University
(c)Copyright 1991-2000 Mentat Inc.
(c)Copyright 1996 Morning Star Technologies, Inc.
(c)Copyright 1996 Progressive Systems, Inc.
(c)Copyright 1991-2000 Isogon Corporation, All Rights Reserved.

                           RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND
Use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to
restrictions as set forth in sub-paragraph (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in
Technical Data and Computer Software clause in DFARS 252.227-7013.

                           Hewlett-Packard Company
                           3000 Hanover Street
                           Palo Alto, CA 94304 U.S.A.

Rights for non-DOD U.S. Government Departments and Agencies are as set
forth in FAR 52.227-19(c)(1,2).

However, the following code works in the same box.

<telnet userid="${username}" password="${OS_User_Login_Password}"
server="${hostname}" timeout="30000" initialCR="no">
  <read>wait</read>
  <read>authorised</read>
  <write>y</write>
  <read>/home/${username}</read>
  </telnet>

Please suggest a standard code.

Re: Ant telnet task fails to login to a few unix boxes

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
I suggest using ssh instead of telnet.

Regards,

Antoine