Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Oleg Bartunov <ol...@sai.msu.su> on 2002/10/14 09:50:09 UTC

Re: [Mason] ANNOUNCE: Mason 1.15

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> Eventually, we'll fork the code base again and start breaking things in
> preparation for an eventual 1.20 (or maybe some other version number cause
> we might get to 1.20 just by small bugfix/doc/performance releases), which
> will incorporate new features such as .NET compliance, full support for
> _all_ XML specs, and a special NP-problem solving module, plus a brand
> new set of ginsu knives.

Dave, just interesting. What does "ginsu knives" means :?

	Regards,
		Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: [Very, VERY OT] Re: [Mason] ANNOUNCE: Mason 1.15

Posted by Paul <yd...@yahoo.com>.
> > > Dave, just interesting. What does "ginsu knives" means :?
> > throw in a set of free ginsu knives (think sushi) for people who
> > would buy some crap on the TV shopping program.
> We have this kind of TV ads on German TV now, too. Badly dubbed. So
> badly it's getting worth watching if you have a cheap sense of humor

Do they still saw up the cola can and then slice the tomato? =o)
Yeah, I know, I'm showing my age....

http://faith.yahoo.com

[Very OT] Re: [Mason] ANNOUNCE: Mason 1.15

Posted by Lupe Christoph <lu...@lupe-christoph.de>.
On Monday, 2002-10-14 at 13:26:19 +0200, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 11:50:09AM +0400, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> > Dave, just interesting. What does "ginsu knives" means :?

> If you haven't had prolonged exposure to US TV you can't understand this
> reference. My memory is quite vague about it but I think they used to
> throw in a set of free ginsu knives (think sushi) for people who would
> buy some crap on the TV shopping program.

We have this kind of TV ads on German TV now, too. Badly dubbed. So
badly it's getting worth watching if you have a cheap sense of humor ...
I sometimes make a mistake channel hopping and land on such a channel.
Immediate cringes and the inability to use the remote control are the
consequence. So I have to watch the stuff until I'm recovered. No free
knives as far as I can tell, though. They could try it, Sushi is very
much En Vogue here.

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| Big Misunderstandings #6398: The Titanic was not supposed to be        |

Re: [Mason] ANNOUNCE: Mason 1.15

Posted by Louis-David Mitterrand <vi...@apartia.org>.
On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 11:50:09AM +0400, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>

> > Eventually, we'll fork the code base again and start breaking things in
> > preparation for an eventual 1.20 (or maybe some other version number cause
> > we might get to 1.20 just by small bugfix/doc/performance releases), which
> > will incorporate new features such as .NET compliance, full support for
> > _all_ XML specs, and a special NP-problem solving module, plus a brand
> > new set of ginsu knives.
> >

> Dave, just interesting. What does "ginsu knives" means :?

If you haven't had prolonged exposure to US TV you can't understand this
reference. My memory is quite vague about it but I think they used to
throw in a set of free ginsu knives (think sushi) for people who would
buy some crap on the TV shopping program.

The general idea of ginsu knives is to entice prospects (mason users) to
adopt a product (Mason 1.15) more readily by adding to the package an
unrelated free bonus (Dave's joke about ginsu knives ;-).