Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Something Something <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/14 17:18:12 UTC

Email verification on Signup

Hello,

We need to develop a standard email verification process.  When a user signs
up using his email id, we will send him an email and upon getting his email
response we will activate his account.  Is this functionality already built
into James?  If not, we can build it using Mailet APIs, but we thought it
was worth asking.  Please advise.  Thanks.

Re: Email verification on Signup

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Yes, you can develop a mailet to process incoming mail and activate user
account.
Side note: In registration process, it's more like giving a http link to
activate the account , I guess you have good reasons to ask end user to
reply on mail.
Tks,
- Eric