Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by Michael Wu <mc...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/11 09:40:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release: Apache Eagle 0.4.0-incubating (Release Candidate 3)

Hi all,

This is a release vote for Apache Eagle, version 0.4.0-incubating, release
candidate 3.

Highlighted changes in this release are as the following:
  * JBDC Metadata Storage Extension
  * Topology management in remote mode including start/stop/status
operations
  * Auditlogparser for MapR's audit log
  * Oozie auditlog integration for Oozie security monitoring
  * Add applicaiton "maprFSAuditLog"
  * Refactor bin/eagle-sandbox-starter.sh to make it easier to use

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release.

Here's the release note:
*https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-eagle.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG.txt;hb=refs/heads/branch-0.4.0
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-eagle.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG.txt;hb=refs/heads/branch-0.4.0>*

The artifacts to be voted on are located at:
*https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/eagle/0.4.0-incubating-rc3/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/eagle/0.4.0-incubating-rc3/>*

The commit to be voted upon:
*https://github.com/apache/incubator-eagle/commit/eac0f27958f2ed8c6842938dad0a995a87fd0715
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-eagle/commit/eac0f27958f2ed8c6842938dad0a995a87fd0715>*

Release tag is:
*https://github.com/apache/incubator-eagle/releases/tag/v0.4.0-incubating-rc3
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-eagle/releases/tag/v0.4.0-incubating-rc3>*

http://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mw.asc

The hashes of the artifacts are as follows:
apache-eagle-0.4.0-incubating-src-rc3.tar.gz.md5:
5781048a2fc2b3dcfe5e30a09be86d25
apache-eagle-0.4.0-incubating-src-rc3.tar.gz.sha1:
a98b565604b3921a4ea5c53e30479427b227e1e2

Please vote on releasing this package as: Apache Eagle 0.4.0-incubating.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this Apache Eagle 0.4.0-incubating Release Candidate 3.

[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Thanks.
Michael

Re: [VOTE] Release: Apache Eagle 0.4.0-incubating (Release Candidate 3)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Downloaded, checked license, notice, signatures, built on OS X JDK 1.7.

Checked that the JARs have gone.

+1 (binding)

Julian

Posted by Zhao Qingwen <qi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

* Download & built successfully with Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM &
java version "1.7.0_79"
* All unit tests passed
* License check passed
* Jars files reported in apache-eagle-0.4.0-incubating rc2 have been
resolved

Best Regards,
Qingwen Zhao | 赵晴雯

Posted by Edward Zhang <yo...@apache.org>.