Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/17 17:54:26 UTC

Change Lucas to make index creation configurable

Hi all,

I am working on a UIMA based Corpus Server over at OpenNLP which is using
Lucas to index its content.

I did run in an issue, with the way the IndexWriter in Lucas is created,
the Lucene
Index Writer constructor takes a flag which indicates that an index
should be created.
If this flag is set, an existing index will also be overwritten.

In my case I need to do both, when a corpus gets created, an index for
it must be created,
and if the server is restarted, the index must be opened and appended,
and not overwritten.

I suggest that we add a parameter for this into the already existing
properties file.

Is it ok, to check in this change before we do the addons release?

Jörn

Re: Change Lucas to make index creation configurable

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
2011/8/17 Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>

> On 8/17/2011 1:52 PM, Tommaso Teofili wrote:
> > Hi Jörn,
> > this is something I planned to do myself but still had no time to work on
> > it,
>
> That's because he's busy testing the OSGi stuff :-) -Marshall

Ahah, right! I'm still working on it, stay tuned :)
Tommaso

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jörn,
this is something I planned to do myself but still had no time to work on
it, for it's perfectly ok to make the proposed change before the addons

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
+1
-Marshall