Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Heck, Joe" <Jo...@disney.com> on 2008/11/06 00:26:34 UTC

Using a previous version of release and/or the maven SCM plugin

I seem to be stumbling hard over a few bugs that have already been
identified, reported, and it looks like patches are available -
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-415. Almost all of my environment is
using token based authentication with Perforce, so I thought I'd just
push back to the previous version of the Maven SCM plugin (1.0) until a
fix is formally released.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be quite grokking how to do that. I've
tried adding the following into my project POM stanza, but it's not
terribly happy about it:

<build>
  <plugins>
    <groupId>org.apache.maven.release</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-release</artifactId>
    <version>4</version>
  </plugins>
</build>

I've also tried just aiming it at the SCM plugin:

<build>
  <plugins>
    <groupId>org.apache.maven.scm</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-scm</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
  </plugins>
</build>

I've got 1.0 working fine on another system, but I'm at a complete loss
on how to specify that I want to use an earlier version of the SCM or
release plugin (and it's dependencies) until the kinks get worked out of
this latest version.

Can anyone enlighten me?

-joe

Joseph Heck
Disney Interactive Media Group

RE: Using a previous version of release and/or the maven SCM plugin

Posted by "Heck, Joe" <Jo...@disney.com>.
Ah, nevermind -

After I asked, I tried a few more variations, finally actually LOOKING
at the super-pom to find out where it was supposed to go.

GFor the reference archives, my solution is:

<build>
  <pluginManagement>
     <plugins>
       <plugin>