Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Mark Bjerga <Ma...@jobpartners.com> on 2006/03/02 15:01:33 UTC

JDBC->Xml Generation on Oracle 9i doesn't include indexes?

Hi,

I've just tried to use the JDBC->Xml generation functionality to
generate an XML doc for our schema. Unfortunately, it appears it doesn't
include information about the indexes, functions, packages and
procedures!

It is running against Oracle 9.2.x. I used an Oracle Type4 JDBC driver.
I can use Squirrel with the same driver and see the indexes, packages,
functions and procedures. Is there any particular reason why Torque Gen
3.2 doesn't put that information into the XML schema?

Thanks,
Mark

The information contained in this email or any attachment is confidential and are intended for the exclusive use of the individual(s) or organisation specified above. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying of their contents and any mis-use or wrongful disclosure of information contained in it, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of any organisation or employer. If you have received this message in error, please immediately delete this email and any attachments or telephone the sender on +44 (0)208 834 0400. Please rely on your own virus check as no responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any virus infection this communication may contain.

Antwort: JDBC->Xml Generation on Oracle 9i doesn't include indexes?

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
Hi,

Torque uses the information in the Database connection's metadata to obtain
information about the tables, because that is the only standardized way to
get that information via jdbc. I would strongly suspect that the
information about functions, packages and procedures is not contained
there. Besides, Torque does not know about these, so it would throw the
information away anyway.
I am not so sure about indexes, though. I have seen this question asked a
few times in the past and I do not remember it got answered thoroughly.
Looking at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2
/docs/api/java/sql/DatabaseMetaData.html#getIndexInfo(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String,%20boolean,%20boolean),
 the information could be in the metadata. It is quite probable this is
simply not implemented. Patches are welcome !

        Thomas