Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by vijayendra bhati <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2016/04/18 16:00:28 UTC

Issue with starting Ignite node on AWS

Hi,I am getting below issue while running Ignite node on AWS.
 nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.s3.TcpDiscoveryS3IpFinder        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1325)
When I googled around I found this issue has been fixed but I its not in Apache Ignite 1.5.0.final version.
So should I download the latest code and build it for my purpose ? [IGNITE-2758] IGNITE_HOME/libs/ignite-aws/aws-java-sdk-1.10.29.jar doesn't contain any classes - ASF JIRA

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| [IGNITE-2758] IGNITE_HOME/libs/ignite-aws/aws-java-sdk-1.10.29.jar doesn't contain any classes...To observe the issue do this: Build the fabric ZIP file. Go to ignite-aws module folder. Unzip aws-java-sdk-1.10.29.jar. JAR file contains only pom.xml, no classes.  |
|  |
| View on issues.apache.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Regards,Vijayendra Bhati

Re: Issue with starting Ignite node on AWS

Posted by Dave Harvey <dh...@jobcase.com>.
Thanks.

In the AWS AMI deployment, under "Advanced Details". I hadn't set anything
under OPTION_LIBS.  The following has gotten me much further.

CONFIG_URI=https://s3.amazonaws.com/jc-ignite-trial/example-cache.xml
OPTION_LIBS=ignite-aws,ignite-aop,ignite-indexingignite-log4j,ignite-spring
IGNITE_VERSION=2.1.0

Re: Issue with starting Ignite node on AWS

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Most likely ignite-aws module is not enabled. For standalone node started
using ignite.sh, move 'ignite-aws' folder from 'libs/optional' to 'libs'
prior to node start. For embedded, add 'ignite-aws' Maven dependency along
with 'ignite-core', 'ignite-spring' and any other that you might use.

-Val

Re: Issue with starting Ignite node on AWS

Posted by Dave Harvey <dh...@jobcase.com>.
I'm also a newbie, but I'm running 2.1.0 and I seem to be hitting the same
problem, which sounds like it was fixed a long time ago.    Is there
something else going on?
I've uploaded the 2 lines I pass when creating the EC2 instance from the AMI
as well as the config file I'm using, as well as the full output from docker
logs. errs.log
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1332/errs.log>
xxx.txt <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1332/xxx.txt>
config.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1332/config.xml>

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException:
Cannot find class
[org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.s3.TcpDiscoveryS3IpFinder] for
bean with name
'org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.s3.TcpDiscoveryS3IpFinder#71623278'
defined in URL [https://s3.amazonaws.com/jc-ignite-trial/example-cache.xml];
nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.s3.TcpDiscoveryS3IpFinder
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1385)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
	at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:299)
	... 28 more

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vijayendra,

Yes, there was a bug in the binary build which is already fixed in master.
You can build from there and try. As Denis mentioned, make sure that
ignite-aws module is enabled.

-Val

Re: Issue with starting Ignite node on AWS

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

You need to copy jars located in “ignite/libs/optional/ignite-aws” to either “ignite/libs/“ if you start a node using ignite.sh/bat or to your directory with your libs.

—
Denis