Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by AnilKumar B <ak...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/20 20:40:12 UTC

If I run Hive queries on external HBase tables, then does blooms will be used?

Hi

I have created HBase table and setted the bloom filter to some column
family. And I am running Hive queries on this HBase table.

Is there any use of those blooms, which are setted for HBase column family?

Thanks & Regards,
B Anil Kumar.

Re: If I run Hive queries on external HBase tables, then does blooms will be used?

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
(this is a usage question, putting dev@ in BCC and sending to user@)

Yes, it will as it's in run inside the region servers.

J-D

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.