Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by S G <sg...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/03 03:21:21 UTC

Dynamic reconfiguration for the nodes in Nimbus/Pacemaker clusters

Hi,

I was reading a zookeeper article:
https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperReconfig.html

And was wondering if a similar functionality exists for Nimbus/Pacemaker
Cluster.
It would be really nice if there is no need for restarting servers in the
Nimbus/Pacemaker cluster whenever a node exits or joins the above clusters.

Is this something already existing in storm?
Or we can raise a JIRA if it makes sense to have it in storm.

Thanks
SG

Re: Dynamic reconfiguration for the nodes in Nimbus/Pacemaker clusters

Posted by S G <sg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the inputs Bobby.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-2269 is there to track this.
I will also try to look into some code if I get time this week.