Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "LeHouillier, Frank D." <Fr...@gd-ais.com> on 2006/12/08 14:04:47 UTC

TAF in UIMA 2.x

Hi, is there an available version of TAF that works with UIMA 2.x,
Either the AlphaWorks, SourceForge or Apache versions?  The Pre-Apache
SourceForge version of UIMA 2.0.2 seems to expect a dll. called tafjni
as opposed to plain taf and it expects that to have implemented a
getVersionJNI function, which taf.dll does not, and expects that to be
at least version 7, but the only version number I can see on Alphaworks
or SourcForge is 1.4.4. I don't see a separate TAF folder under
incubator/uima.  There is clearly still a lot of support for some sort
of TAF in the most up to date versions, so is a new version of TAF in
the works?

Re: TAF in UIMA 2.x

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
I'm not really the expert, but here's my understanding: there is no C++
UIMA for 2.0 (i.e., pre-Apache UIMA 2.x).  However, there are definite
plans to move the C++ version of UIMA (ex-TAF) to Apache as well -- I
believe the plan is that this should happen in a matter of weeks.  We'll
post something here when this happens.

--Thilo