Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manos Moschous <mo...@ics.forth.gr> on 2006/03/14 10:29:35 UTC

upgrade servlet API

Hi,

I use an old version of tomcat server that is integrated in a whole
system ( this is a streaming server platform ).
Recenlty i needed to support greek language charset encoding and i tried
to use the request.setCharacterEncoding.

Unfortunately i have an old version of servlet API and i am not able to
use this method.

Is there any way to upgrade the servlet API to tomcat server....?

Thank you in advance!

\M

Re: upgrade servlet API

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Manos Moschous" <mo...@ics.forth.gr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I use an old version of tomcat server that is integrated in a whole system
> ( this is a streaming server platform ).
> Recenlty i needed to support greek language charset encoding and i tried
> to use the request.setCharacterEncoding.
>
> Unfortunately i have an old version of servlet API and i am not able to
> use this method.
>
> Is there any way to upgrade the servlet API to tomcat server....?

You'd have to upgrade all of Tomcat to at least 4.x to have
request.setCharacterEncoding work.

Tomcat 3.3.x does have it's own (non-portable) method to do the same thing,
if you happen to be using that version.