Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sumithra devi <su...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/09 19:42:54 UTC

[OT off topic] Oracle Database Performace Issue

Ours is a J2ee application with weblogic and Oracle database.
we are finding performance issues and when analysed saw that cpu usage on oracle databse side is very high.

At a high level this is what we have:

We have sql query that is generated dynamically(this is what is causing teh problem)

We created MVs to help performace with higly normalized data model.

Can anyone give some tips or probe me in the right direction with more specific questions.

Any action plan as to where to start and the direction to go of any sort will be helpful

Thanks in advance

Re: [OT off topic] Oracle Database Performace Issue

Posted by Keith Fetterman <kf...@go2marine.com>.
sumithra devi wrote:
> Ours is a J2ee application with weblogic and Oracle database.
> we are finding performance issues and when analysed saw that cpu usage on oracle databse side is very high.
>
> At a high level this is what we have:
>
> We have sql query that is generated dynamically(this is what is causing teh problem)

What do you mean dynamically?  Is it dynamically created in your code or
are you using a persistance layer like J2EE CMP, Hibernate, JDO to
generate the SQL? If the latter, which framework are you using?

I now see that you said Weblogic.  Are you using CMP EJBs ?

> We created MVs to help performace with higly normalized data model.

What are MVs?

> Can anyone give some tips or probe me in the right direction with more specific questions.

Let me know the answer about how or who is generating the SQL and then I
might be able to give some specific suggestions on how to optimize.

-- Keith

> Any action plan as to where to start and the direction to go of any sort will be helpful
>
> Thanks in advance

Re: [OT off topic] Oracle Database Performace Issue

Posted by DG...@EvergreenInvestments.com.
All your database are belong to us.  ;)

Have you run an explain plan for your poorly performing query?

-Dennis

sumithra devi <su...@yahoo.com>
02/09/2006 01:42 PM
Please respond to