Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "David B. Bitton" <da...@codenoevil.com> on 2002/04/28 06:18:11 UTC

Quick Example

List,
    If someone could help me out of a quick jam.  I have a Node, and I need
to pluck it apart.  I need to grab one element (and all of its children) and
into an Element object, and then I just need to get the text out of another
element in the node.

    What is the quickest way to do this?  If someone could point me to a
HOWTO, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I have this now:

   Node bodyNode = (Node) env.getBody().getBodyEntries().elementAt(0);
   doc = bodyNode.getOwnerDocument();

   source = (Element) doc.getElementsByTagName("source");
   xsl_url = doc.getElementsByTagName("xsl_source").toString();

does this look right?  BTW, env is a SOAP Envelope object and I'm breaking
apart the soap:body component of the request envelope.  Thanks.

--

David B. Bitton
david@codenoevil.com

Code Made Fresh DailyT