Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Olivier Tavard <ol...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/16 14:20:18 UTC

Solr Cell and operations on metadata extracted

Hi,

I have a question about Solr Cell please.

I index some files. For example, if I want to extract the filename, then use
a hash function on it like MD5 and then store it on Solr ; the correct way
is to use Tika « manually » to extract the metadata I want, do the
transformations on it and then send it to Solr ?

I can’t use directly Solr Cell in this case because I can't do modifications
on the metadata extracted, right ?

Thanks,

Olivier