Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Manfred Schmid <ma...@mac.com> on 2012/03/23 14:10:30 UTC

Import of csv file from my bank

i got an csv list from my bank (stadtsparkasse). the import with oo looks quite well. but when i try to format my money colum, for example add the € sign nothing is changed.
when i want to add 2 values of this colum i.e = g2+g3 i got an error #value.

i imported wit unicode (utf-8)

Re: Import of csv file from my bank

Posted by "Haim (Howard) Roman" <ro...@jct.ac.il>.
There might be extra spaces in the beginning and/or end of the column.
 This has happened to me.

Haim (Howard) Roman
Computer Center, Jerusalem College of Technology
Phone: 052-8-592-599 (6022 from within Machon Lev)

Posted by Terry <te...@yahoo.com.au>.

>>  i got an csv list from my bank (stadtsparkasse). the import with oo looks
> quite well. but when i try to format my money colum, for example add the € sign
> nothing is changed.
>>  when i want to add 2 values of this colum i.e = g2+g3 i got an error
> #value.
>>
>>  i imported wit unicode (utf-8)
>
> Seems like your cells imported the CSV contents as text rather than numbers.
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg
> ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ

I agree.  On the import dialogue, make sure that "Quoted field as text" is not ticked and that "Detect special numbers" is.

You can also select (a) column(s) in the preview panel and use the drop down list to alter the setting for that column.  My bank uses a currency format which I change to simple two decimal point format.

Regards, Terry

Re: Import of csv file from my bank

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niall Martin <ni...@rndmartin.cix.co.uk>.
You don't add the currency sign to the money  figures column, you highlight the relevant
column, then go to format cells, going to the numbers tab, and there take the currency
option. A box will allow you to choose the currency, and another currency will allow you to
display it.  In my case I choose £.

Hope this helps

On 23 Mar 2012 at 14:10, Manfred Schmid wrote:

Send reply to:  	ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
From:           	Manfred Schmid <ma...@mac.com>
Subject:        	Import of csv file from my bank
Date sent:      	Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:10:30 +0100
To:             	ooo-users@incubator.apache.org

> i got an csv list from my bank (stadtsparkasse). the import with oo
> looks quite well. but when i try to format my money colum, for example
> add the € sign nothing is changed. when i want to add 2 values of this
> colum i.e = g2+g3 i got an error #value.
>
> i imported wit unicode (utf-8)

Niall Martin
Phone 0131 4678468
Please reply to: niall<at>rndmartin.cix.co.uk