Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by john smith <js...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/04 18:50:54 UTC

Out of Memory Exception while building hadoop

Hey folks,

Strangely I get a out of memory exception while building hadoop from source.
I have 2gigs of ram and I've tried building it from both eclipse and
commandline

http://pastebin.com/9pcHg1P9 is the full stack trace. Can anyone help me out
on this?

Thanks,
John Smith

Re: Out of Memory Exception while building hadoop

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
John,

Your box is probably using gcj or something else
(http://jeffchannell.com/Flex-3/gc-warning.html), you may want to try
using sun java6 sdk

-- dims

Posted by bharath vissapragada <bh...@gmail.com>.
Linking to sun's jdk 1.5 instead of java-gcj solves this problem.
(Forrest works correctly with java 1.5).
If you link the java5.home to java1.6 you might face compilation issues again.

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 10:20 PM, john smith <js...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Strangely I get a out of memory exception while building hadoop from source.
> I have 2gigs of ram and I've tried building it from both eclipse and
> commandline
>
> http://pastebin.com/9pcHg1P9 is the full stack trace. Can anyone help me out
> on this?
>
> Thanks,
> John Smith

Bharath .V
w:http://researchweb.iiit.ac.in/~bharath.v

Re: Out of Memory Exception while building hadoop

Posted by Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <ma...@huawei.com>.
Hi Jhon,

Mostly the problem with your java. This problem can come if your java link refers to java-gcj.

Please check some related links:
http://jeffchannell.com/Flex-3/gc-warning.html

Regards,
Uma