Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co> on 2011/08/18 22:23:20 UTC

Drag and drop

Hi there! I'm trying to build an apparently simple component, the idea is to have a Panel, and a contextual menu, the main idea is that the contextual menu should popup one option and when I click the option a new small Panel (or whatever container which could have more components inside) should apear in place, this has to be dragable inside the container panel.

Until the menu I have  succeed, but when I try to add a new Panel defined like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<canvas:ItemCanvasController xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
      xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk" xmlns:canvas="co.com.adv.salarixII.ui.controller.canvas">

      <Border bxml:id="itemBorder" title="Nombre Item" styles="{padding:1}"
            xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml" xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">
            <TabPane>
                  <Label bxml:id="titleLabel" text="Titulo"
                        styles="{horizontalAlignment:'center',
            verticalAlignment:'center', wrapText:true}" />
                  <Label bxml:id="contentLabel" text="Contenido"
                        styles="{horizontalAlignment:'center',
            verticalAlignment:'center', wrapText:true}" />
                  <!-- <Label bxml:id="lContent" text="Contenido" styles="{horizontalAlignment:'left',
                        verticalAlignment:'center', wrapText:true}"/> -->
            </TabPane>
      </Border>
</canvas:ItemCanvasController>

he declaration of the managing class goes like this:

public class ItemCanvasController extends Panel implements Bindable

and the main panel is defined like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<canvas:CanvasController xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
      xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk" xmlns:canvas="co.com.adv.salarixII.ui.controller.canvas">

      <bxml:script src="dragdrop.js" />

      <!-- <ImageView bxml:id="imageView" image="@plus.png" dragSource="$dragSoure"
            dropTarget="$dropTarget"/> -->
</canvas:CanvasController>

I don't know if the problem is maybe the container...or what...im a litlle new in pivot and im a kind o lost...:s

Any help will be really apreciated!

Kind Regards,

[cid:image001.png@01CC5DBA.8A1405D0]

Camilo Casadiego Espitia
Arquitecto de SW
* + 57 1 6393000
* camilo.casadiego@adv.com.co<ma...@adv.com.co>
* http://www.adv.com.co<http://www.adv.com.co/>
Carrera 11 No. 93 - 53 P7
Bogotá - Colombia

RE: Drag and drop

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.
Just in case..I have to make those components dragables...because the next step...is to draw a line between boxes...and keep the visual relations (is like design editor for specific objects)

Kind Regards,

[cid:image001.png@01CC5DD7.3C7F76C0]

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.
Greaaat!!! was just to add some flags and controls to the events, and now I have a full drag into a panel! :D thank u very munch! :D I'll clean the code and upload it in case it works for someone.

Kind Regards,

Camilo

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.

RE: Drag and drop

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.

[cid:image001.png@01CC5DCD.708E6200]

RE: Drag and drop

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.

[cid:image001.png@01CC5DC4.0F4DC570]

Re: Drag and drop

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.

Re: Drag and drop

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/panels.html
According to the (short) Panel tutorial, Panels do not perform any layout or
sizing of their children.  You will need to set the size & locations of any
Component what you add to a Panel otherwise you will not see it as it will
be 0 pixels wide and 0 pixels high.

If that doesn't help, then could you try to post a small, but complete
example of the code you have so far?  Something we can just unzip and run.
 I am having trouble understanding what is happening at the moment.

It looks like you have seen the Drag & Drop tutorial.
http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/drag-and-drop.html

The KitchenSink demo also have some Drag & Drop code that might be useful to
you.
http://pivot.apache.org/demos/kitchen-sink.html

The source can be found here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/KitchenSink.java
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/dragdrop.bxml

Or you can download the entire Pivot source from the website
http://pivot.apache.org/download.cgi#2.0

Chris