Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/14 21:51:56 UTC

[VOTE] UIMA AS Version 2.3.1 Release Candidate 7

Hi,

Changes since Release Candidate 6:

UIMA-2091 UIMA AS assembly script should copy project file from base uima
examples
UIMA-2087 UIMA AS assembly script includes an incorrect version of
.classpath
UIMA-2090 UIMA AS eclipse launch scripts not setup correctly
UIMA-2088 UIMA AS .classpath for examples contain duplicate jar entries

The following is a list of issues addressed in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310570&version=12315335

UIMA AS release candidate 7 is available in Apache Nexus staging repository
here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-007

The source zip file is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.3.1/rc7

The binaries (zip and tar) are available here:
http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.3.1/rc7

The Eclipse update-site is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.3.1/rc7/eclipse-update-site

SVN Tag Checkout:
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-as/tags/uima-as-2.3.1-rc7

If you would like to use the staged maven release artifacts within your
maven build
you need to use version 2.3.1 and include in your settings.xml a reference
the staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-007
See: http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for details on settting this
up.

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] 0   Don't care

Please report any problems you may find.

- Jerry C

Re: [VOTE] UIMA AS Version 2.3.1 Release Candidate 7

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
This appears to be just an error in the packaging done by
uimaj-eclispe-update-site project - it was grabbing the 2.3.1-SNAPSHOT version
of the deployment feature, instead of the 2.3.1.  Fixing that and regenerating
the update site should fix this; no changes should be needed to the other
release artifacts.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
The UIMA AS 2.3.1 vote passes, with three +1's from:

+1 Jörn Kottmann
+1 Marshall Schor
+1 Jaroslaw Cwiklik

Thanks to all who took the time to test the release and vote.

I will proceed to post UIMA AS 2.3.1 release artifacts and work on the web
site update.

JC

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I also got it to work on the original version of Eclipse I was trying - I found
some more files I had overlooked deleting... in the plugins and features
directories.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 3/14/11 9:51 PM, Jaroslaw Cwiklik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Changes since Release Candidate 6:
>
> UIMA-2091 UIMA AS assembly script should copy project file from base uima
> examples
> UIMA-2087 UIMA AS assembly script includes an incorrect version of
> .classpath
> UIMA-2090 UIMA AS eclipse launch scripts not setup correctly
> UIMA-2088 UIMA AS .classpath for examples contain duplicate jar entries
>
> The following is a list of issues addressed in this release:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310570&version=12315335
>
> UIMA AS release candidate 7 is available in Apache Nexus staging repository
> here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-007
>
> The source zip file is available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.3.1/rc7
>
> The binaries (zip and tar) are available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.3.1/rc7
>
> The Eclipse update-site is available here:
> http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-as/2.3.1/rc7/eclipse-update-site
>
> SVN Tag Checkout:
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-as/tags/uima-as-2.3.1-rc7
>
> If you would like to use the staged maven release artifacts within your
> maven build
> you need to use version 2.3.1 and include in your settings.xml a reference
> the staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-007
> See: http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for details on settting this
> up.
>

> Please vote to approve this release:
>
> [ ] +1 Approve the release
> [ ] 0   Don't care

+1 form me, I did testing on the previous RC and did not find any problems,
the issues fixed for this RC seem to be very minor, so there is no need
to retest.

Jörn