Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/27 01:18:56 UTC

Attempt to upgrade to 0.9.3

So I attempted to upgrade my 0.9.0 prototype to 0.9.3
I was hoping replacing the jar with the new core jar
would do the trick, I guess that was wishful thinking.
:)
There was a fair bit of code involved in this so any
recommendations on the best way to tackle getting this
working again with the latest version would be
appreciated.

Thanks, S.D.

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 21 source files to
lib/java/classes
    [javac] BaseProcessor.java:23: package
org.apache.mina.registry does not exist
    [javac] import org.apache.mina.registry.Service;
    [javac]                                 ^
    [javac] BaseProcessor.java:24: package
org.apache.mina.registry does not exist
    [javac] import
org.apache.mina.registry.ServiceRegistry;
    [javac]                                 ^
    [javac] BaseProcessor.java:25: package
org.apache.mina.registry does not exist
    [javac] import
org.apache.mina.registry.SimpleServiceRegistry;
    [javac]                                 ^
    [javac] BaseProcessor.java:38: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class ServiceRegistry
    [javac] location: class
com.wm.finance.epay.BaseProcessor
    [javac]    protected ServiceRegistry myRegistry =
null;
    [javac]              ^
    [javac] BaseProcessor.java:109: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class ServiceRegistry
    [javac] location: class
com.wm.finance.epay.BaseProcessor
    [javac]    protected abstract void addLogger(
ServiceRegistry registry ) throws Exception;
    [javac]                                       ^
    [javac] ShoppingCardProcessor.java:32: package
org.apache.mina.registry does not exist
    [javac] import
org.apache.mina.registry.ServiceRegistry;
    [javac]                                 ^
    [javac] RTCCSessionHandler.java:34: cannot find
symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class SocketSession
    [javac] location: package
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio
    [javac] import
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketSession;
    [javac]
 ^
    [javac] EPAYSessionHandler.java:36: cannot find
symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class SocketSession
    [javac] location: package
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio
    [javac] import
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketSession;
    [javac]
 ^
    [javac] ShoppingCardProcessor.java:105: cannot
find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class ServiceRegistry
    [javac] location: class
com.wm.finance.epay.shoppingcard.ShoppingCardProcessor
    [javac]    protected void addLogger(
ServiceRegistry registry ) throws Exception
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac] BaseProcessor.java:67: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class SimpleServiceRegistry
    [javac] location: class
com.wm.finance.epay.BaseProcessor
    [javac]       this.myRegistry = new
SimpleServiceRegistry();
    [javac]                             ^
    [javac] BaseProcessor.java:83: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class Service
    [javac] location: class
com.wm.finance.epay.BaseProcessor
    [javac]       Service service = new Service(
this.myName, TransportType.SOCKET, this.port );
    [javac]       ^
    [javac] BaseProcessor.java:83: cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class Service
    [javac] location: class
com.wm.finance.epay.BaseProcessor
    [javac]       Service service = new Service(
this.myName, TransportType.SOCKET, this.port );
    [javac]                             ^
    [javac] RTCCSessionHandler.java:76: cannot find
symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class SocketSession
    [javac] location: class
com.wm.finance.epay.shoppingcard.comms.RTCCSessionHandler
    [javac]       if( session instanceof SocketSession
)
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac] RTCCSessionHandler.java:78: cannot find
symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class SocketSession
    [javac] location: class
com.wm.finance.epay.shoppingcard.comms.RTCCSessionHandler
    [javac]          ( ( SocketSession ) session
).setSessionReceiveBufferSize( 2048 );
    [javac]              ^
    [javac] EPAYSessionHandler.java:78: cannot find
symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class SocketSession
    [javac] location: class
com.wm.finance.epay.shoppingcard.comms.EPAYSessionHandler
    [javac]       if( session instanceof SocketSession
)
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac] EPAYSessionHandler.java:80: cannot find
symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class SocketSession
    [javac] location: class
com.wm.finance.epay.shoppingcard.comms.EPAYSessionHandler
    [javac]          ( ( SocketSession ) session
).setSessionReceiveBufferSize( 2048 );
    [javac]              ^
    [javac] EPAYSessionPool.java:84: cannot find
symbol
    [javac] symbol  : method setConnectTimeout(int)
    [javac] location: interface
org.apache.mina.common.IoConnector
    [javac]       this.connector.setConnectTimeout(
this.connectTimeOut );
    [javac]       ^
    [javac] 17 errors

Re: What happened to SocketConnector.setConnectTimeout ?

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 4/27/06, Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Alright I assume this is how you do it. Can someone
> confirm?
>
> IoConnector connector = new SocketConnector()
> BaseIoConnectorConfig connectorConfig = new
> SocketConnectorConfig();
>
> connectorConfig.setConnectTimeout( connectTimeOut );
> connector.connect( host, sessionHandler,
> connectorConfig );

BaseIoConnectorConfig is an internal support class.  Please don't use it.

IoConnectorConfig connectorConfig = new SocketConnectorConfig();

will suffice.

Otherwise, if you want to just override the default configuration for the
connector you created:

connector,getDefaultConfig().setConnectTimeout( connectTimeout );

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: What happened to SocketConnector.setConnectTimeout ?

Posted by Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Yes I do something similar to handle legacy client -->
mina connections. The socketconnecor is required to go
from mina --> legacy server, well at least that is
what I assume based on looking at examples and apis.
I'm using mina to act as a proxy server.

S.D.

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Samuel Doyle <sd...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Attempt to upgrade to 0.9.3

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Apr 26, 2006, at 7:18 PM, Samuel Doyle wrote:
> There was a fair bit of code involved in this so any
> recommendations on the best way to tackle getting this
> working again with the latest version would be
> appreciated.

Take a look at the examples.. Service and ServiceRegistry have been
removed.
-pete

Re: Attempt to upgrade to 0.9.3

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
The main advantage of ServiceRegistry was in that it automatically adds
essential filters such as ThreadPoolFilter.  We added ThreadModel property
in IoServiceConfig so you can configure your favorite thread model very
easily now, and thus we decided to remove ServiceRegistry.

The default thread model is a very popular thread model with one thread pool
filter.  So you don't need to add your thread pool filter manually at all
since 0.9.3.

Please let us know if there're features you miss from ServiceRegistry
interface.

HTH,
Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/