Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mika Göckel <mi...@cybercon.de> on 2007/02/12 20:23:09 UTC

Escaping HTML entities for canoo webtests -- resources-plugin?

Hi!

My problem is, that I need to escape HTML entities in resource files
when coping them to target/test-classes.
Is it a good idea to extend resources-plugin to support something
like escapeHtml=true as attribute or is it a better idea to create a
completely new mojo?
(Hit me if someone already has solved this problem :-)

Cheers,
Mika

--
Mika Göckel
mika@cybercon.de

Königswinterer Str. 374
53227 Bonn

tel 49 228 22 7776 11
fax 49 228 22 7776 29

skype mika.goeckel
skypeIn +492213008290
sip +49221355338812
mob +491722792771

Cybercon Gesellschaft für neue Medien mbH
Firmensitz: Rathausallee 10, 53737 Sankt Augustin
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Siegburg, HRB 4695
Geschäftsführer: Oliver Runge, Michael Göckel
Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE178714321

Re: Escaping HTML entities for canoo webtests -- resources-plugin?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 2/18/07, Aaron Digulla <di...@hepe.com> wrote:

> Maybe. One of the issues I've had was to make the plugin to replace
> everything *except* ${basedir}. If I was able to write my own filters, I
>  could have solved that more easily (now, I just call an ant task
> afterwards which replaces !BASEDIR! with the right string ... ahem :-)

There is some discussion of escaping the '$' when using an archetype,
on http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-39 .

With the EscapeTool in the Velocity context when the resources plugin
does the filtering, this should work:  ${esc.d}{basedir} .

--
Wendy

Re: Escaping HTML entities for canoo webtests -- resources-plugin?

Posted by Aaron Digulla <di...@hepe.com>.
Mika Göckel wrote:

> Do you think of a chain of filters like in ant?

Maybe. One of the issues I've had was to make the plugin to replace
everything *except* ${basedir}. If I was able to write my own filters, I
 could have solved that more easily (now, I just call an ant task
afterwards which replaces !BASEDIR! with the right string ... ahem :-)

> But I wouldn't put this into the resources plugin, as this is a more
> general idea and the resources plugin only filters *.properties files
> (on ${...}... all files on @...@).

The resource plugin will filter anything under .../resources. I've never
noticed the behaviour your describe. We're talking about Maven2, yes?

http://www.pdark.de/

Re: Escaping HTML entities for canoo webtests -- resources-plugin?

Posted by Mika Göckel <mi...@cybercon.de>.

Posted by Aaron Digulla <di...@hepe.com>.