Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2004/12/14 15:21:52 UTC

[Kaffe] Lucene fails in

This is a question for Dalibor, I guess.

It seems as if Ant didn't find the Kaffe rmic version it claims to
support.  Ant should load the class kaffe.rmi.rmic.RMIC.

Is this the correct name?  Which jar is supposed to contain it?

Stefan

Re: [Kaffe] Lucene fails in

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> I've just committed a modified KaffeRmic adapter to Ant, let's see
> what happens.

This is what happens: it fails without saying why.

Looking into the Lucene build, Ant seems to have invoked Kaffe's rmic
(we'd need to run ant -verbose to be absolutely sure), but then
RMIC.run() returned false - which Ant interprets as

Rmic failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Any ideas?

Stefan

Re: [Kaffe] Lucene fails in

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: [Kaffe] Lucene fails in

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Dalibor Topic <robilad <at> kaffe.org> wrote:
> > Davanum Srinivas <davanum <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >

> >> i think so...
> >>

> > Yeah, the RMIC code essentially the same as in old Kaffe, but under
> > the GNU namespace.
>
> Unfortunately we don't seem to get to rmic right now.

The Process bug bit Kaffe again. I'll look at the classpath class again.

> Which version of Kaffe has the new package name?  This is for the
> ChangeLog I have to write, you know.

sine 1.1.2, according to

http://www.kaffe.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/kaffe/libraries/
javalib/gnu/java/rmi/rmic/RMIC.java

cheers,a
dalibor topic

Re: [Kaffe] Lucene fails in

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: [Kaffe] Lucene fails in

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.
Davanum Srinivas <davanum <at> gmail.com> writes:

> i think so...

Yeah, the RMIC code essentially the same as in old Kaffe, but under the GNU
namespace.

cheers,
dalibor topic

Re: [Kaffe] Lucene fails in

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
i think so...

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/classpath/classpath/gnu/java/rmi/rmic/RMIC.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

-- dims

Re: [Kaffe] Lucene fails in

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: [Kaffe] Lucene fails in

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org> wrote:

> After the merge of RMI support with GNU Classpath, that class has
> moved into the gnu.* namespace. It is gnu.java.rmi.rmic.RMIC now.

Which means that Kaffe RMIC support in Ant has been broken ever
since.  I'll fix it.

Stefan

Re: [Kaffe] Lucene fails in

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig <at> apache.org> writes:

> This is a question for Dalibor, I guess.
>
> It seems as if Ant didn't find the Kaffe rmic version it claims to
> support.  Ant should load the class kaffe.rmi.rmic.RMIC.

After the merge of RMI support with GNU Classpath, that class has moved into the
gnu.* namespace. It is gnu.java.rmi.rmic.RMIC now.

> Is this the correct name?  Which jar is supposed to contain it?

It is in Kaffe's rt.jar on its bootclasspath.

cheers,
dalibor topic