Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/29 21:58:40 UTC

Best way to Submit a Job to Storm Topology

Hi All,

Its been long since I have been not in touch with Storm and was looking out
some standard way to submit a job/topology to the Storm.

I was building the dependencies(using Kafka Spout as Input) using Maven but
then landing up with duplicate issue while running the topology.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks!
VM

Re: 答复: Best way to Submit a Job to Storm Topology

Posted by Abhishek Agarwal <ab...@gmail.com>.
You need to exclude storm-core from your uber jar.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Erik Weathers <ew...@groupon.com>
wrote:

> Can you please be more specific?  i.e., which jars are considered
> duplicate?  Can you provide a stack trace?
> What version of storm are you using?  There have been a lot of changes
> regarding storm-core's shading of internal dependencies.
>
> - Erik
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 10:34 PM, Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sai and All,
>>
>> What I meant by duplicate issue was that while running the jar through
>> StormSubmitter (which was build through maven) I got duplicate jars present
>> for the Storm which was failing at the job submission.
>>
>> Any workaround or standard practice to avoid the same.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> VM
>> On Mar 30, 2016 9:43 AM, "Sai Dilip Reddy Kiralam" <
>> dkiralam@aadhya-analytics.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi vineet,
>>>
>>> If I understand you correctly your saying that ' when you submitted the
>>> topology you noticed that your kafka spout is getting some duplicates and
>>> sending it storm topology for processing'.  Right?
>>>

>>> *Best regards,*
>>> *K.Sai Dilip Reddy,*

Abhishek Agarwal

Re: 答复: Best way to Submit a Job to Storm Topology

Posted by Erik Weathers <ew...@groupon.com>.

Posted by Vineet Mishra <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sai and All,

Posted by Andrew Xor <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

 I don't know if that fits the your case but the standard way of submitting
a storm topology AFAIK is the StormSubmitter class. The class source is
located here
<https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/a4f9f8bc5b4ca85de487a0a868e519ddcb94e852/storm-core/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/StormSubmitter.java>
and a simple example here
<https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/a4f9f8bc5b4ca85de487a0a868e519ddcb94e852/examples/storm-starter/src/jvm/org/apache/storm/starter/util/StormRunner.java>